004.

"fuck no." cindy mumbled upon seeing the conklin girl talking to her brother.

"i'll be right back." she told the group of teenage boys she was with.

cindy could always attract anyone it wasn't weird that she was surrounded by boys at the party. she was exceptionally pretty.

"jesus christ." steven shook his head looking his little sister up and down. "belly, come on."

"what are you doing?" belly shouted trying to pry his hands off of her arm. "will you let go of me, please? what are you doing?"

"what is going on?" cindy scoffed looking at the siblings.

"no... you're embarrassing me." steven yelled back, continuing to pull belly with him.

"i'm embarrassing?" the girl scoffed. "you're embarrassing!"

"why am i embarrassing?!" steven asked annoyed before letting out a laugh. "quit embarrassing yourself."

"are you kidding me?" belly sneered. at that point she had began trying to pull herself out of steven's grasp even more than before but he wasn't giving up. the two kept pulling on each other before belly finally yelled at him. "stop it!
steven!"

finally, steven let his sister go.

unfortunately, the loss of his grasp holding onto her caused belly to fall right on her face into the sand. everyone who had been watching the interaction immediately let out a chorus of 'ohs'.

"are you okay?" steven asked worriedly.

"shit bells." cindy quickly tried to help the girl up but then she realised what she was staring at.

conrad was making out with some girl.

"cindy? belly?" conrad asked, surprised to see them here. he had purposefully avoided cindy at the party so she wouldn't see him and nicole.

"i thought you hated the red sox." belly said to conrad.

"who are you?" the girl asked.

"who are you?" cindy repeated the question, the attitude present in her voice.

"nicole. conrad and i went to the deb ball together last summer." nicole explained.

conrad avoided cindy's gaze, "it was after you guys left to take steven to look at colleges."

"i thought you said that deb balls are bullshit, and all debs are sheep." cindy could feel the anger bubbling up inside her.

"i didn't.. you're such a brat." conrad insulted, rolling his eyes at the younger girl.

"well, you're an asshole." she raised her voice.

"cinderella! belly!" a cheerful voice sang, jeremiah hurrying over to them with a large smile, "belly you came! great, we can all hang out, you guys."

"i'm about to take belly home." steven interrupted.

belly twisted her face up, looking over at her older brother, "are you kidding me?"

"okay, steven, chill out. come on. go-go hang out with shayla or something." jeremiah gestured towards the girl beside him, raising his brows.

cindy slightly smiled at shayla, they had known each other beforehand. shayla waved at the girl before grabbing steven's shoulders. "come on."

"fine. but just stay right here and don't talk to anybody." steven told her, wondering off with the girl.

"fuck you!" belly shouted at him, flipping him off.