024.

cindy chugged two more margaritas, her vision blurry as she watched shayla hastily pack her things, nicole and gigi trailing behind her.

belly stumbled into the backyard, swaying slightly as she observed the girls leaving in a hurry. "stay, you guys,"

the three turned around, nicole speaking up, "uh, shayla doesn't feel good. i think we had a little too much."

"oh... o-okay, yeah. well, i'm... i mean, i still feel... i feel gr... great," belly slurred, her words stumbling over each other. "you know what? let's do this again tomorrow. let's do it again tomorrow."

cameron leaned forward, tapping belly's shoulder gently to get her attention. "we're actually gonna take off, too. i just think we can catch up when you're a little less..."

cindy nodded and lifted her hand as she waved to matt, the boy flashing her a smile. she grabbed two more margaritas, feeling the warmth of the alcohol coursing through her veins. as she walked down the deck, she could hear the showers running, and she snorted as she called out, "oh, sea creature... where are you?"

"uh, i'm in the shower." conrad chuckled as he cleaned the mud from jeremiah off his chest.

cindy gulped as she stepped in front of the open shower, conrad's back turned to her. "everybody left. but we still got margaritas to drink."

"okay, well, i can't drink it in the shower. can you just put it down and i'll get it after?" conrad suggested, flipping around as he faced her, his eyes flicking down to the drinks she was holding. "can i shower?"

she nodded shyly, admiring his side profile as his soaked hair slung over his eyes. "i've always liked you with wet hair. it's so... romantic."

conrad laughed softly. "what's so romantic about wet hair?"

cindy sighed, taking a sip from her own drink as he placed conrad's on the floor, "you just don't get it."

"how many of those have you had?" conrad raised an eyebrow.

"two, five. it's..." she trailed off, as she remembered something. "let me just ask you one thing, okay? did you buy me that infinity necklace for my birthday?"

conrad laughed, his laughter gave her the answer she wanted.

she gawked at him, a wide smile on her face as she pointed at him, "i knew it. i knew i was right."

"can i please.." conrad shook his head shyly, "can you give me some privacy, please?"

"i knew it. i knew it." she mumbled as she walked off.

laurel's eyes fell on the drink in cindy's hand, drawing her brows together disapprovingly, "who said you could have a margarita?"

belly walked in, a drink in her hand as well, not looking steady on her feet anymore.

"cake time." susannah called out, the colorful cake perched up on a glass stand as walked out towards the table.

belly walked after the woman, not watching her steps. "ooh, i want the piece with the strawberries!"

but the brunette tumbled forwards, tripping on a step as she pushed susannah down, the dessert smashing on the concert as well as the cake stand as it shattered into pieces.

adam reached for susannah, but she swatted away his touch, her voice filled with frustration, "adam, i'm fine. i got it. i got it, stop it. god, just go away."

belly pouted, immediately sobering up as both of her parents crowded around her with concern, "i-i'm sorry."

laurel helped her daughter up, and belly was walked in by her dad, while susannah rushed inside followed by laurel.

victoria excused herself, along with adam, as they both went into the house, leaving the backyard in a state of quiet chaos.

author's note, i'm releasing a jj maybank fanfic soon, so make sure to read that when i release it.