013.

cindy walked inside the kitchen, she had just gotten back from her date. her footsteps echoed against the floor as she entered, finding conrad waiting for her return.

"how was your hot date?" conrad asked.

"excuse me?" she frowned at him, her brows knitting in irritation.

"okay, relax." he raised his hand defensively. "we were just having a little fun.

"you guys are assholes." the girl spat.

"you already said that," cindy rolled her eyes and turned back to leave the kitchen, conrad tried reaching over. "cindy, come on."

"all I wanted was to go on a date with a guy that I think is-is cute and sweet, and... and you guys had to come and ruin it." the girl expressed, her voice full with anger and disappointment.

"and us showing up, for, like, two minutes ruined that, really?" he scoffed. "grow up, cindy."

"why couldn't you let me have this one thing? huh? admit it. you knew what you were doing." cindy's voice grew louder, her frustration boiling.

"what? what was i doing?" conrad acted oblivious.

"reminding me that you existed." she exclaimed.
"reminding me of what happened on that same boardwalk."

"i don't know what you're talking about." he avoided her eyes.

"you cared where i was, who i was with." cindy accused.

"no, i didn't. i don't care."

"stop lying!" she yelled, her voice cracking with raw vulnerability.

cindy kimberly was being emotional over a boy, she had never been emotional over a boy.

"stop being such a baby!" he shot back.

"oh, and you're such an adult?" she croaked out.
"you spent your saturday night crashing my date for fun."

"why don't you go smoke some more pot?" cindy
turned, her back facing conrad.

"why don't you go look in the mirror some more?" conrad fired back but immediately regretted it.

cindy took a deep breath, trying to stop the tears that were threatening to spill out.

she wouldn't cry in front of him.

she made her way to her room. conrad was coming after her but cindy slammed the door shut, locking it.

she laid on her bed, trying to stop her tears. she couldn't cry over a boy, especially not conrad fisher.

cindy kimberly would never cry over a boy.