Chapter 2: Homecoming II

It's 7:00 pm. Shruti knocks on the door. "Maa!"

Parvati opens her eyes. She fell asleep while sitting on the floor.

"Maa! We have to go. Please get ready," said Shruti and left.

Parvati gets up and walks towards the washroom and washes her face and looks in the mirror. "I do look tired."

She opens the cupboard and slides her hand through clothes and she picks up a white designer saree. She then changed into it and stood before the mirror.

Shruti walks into Parvati's room and finds Parvati who is all set and ready to go. She is looking gorgeous.

"Maa, you look amazing," Shruti complimented her

"Thanks," said Parvati.

"If only Dad was alive and could see you like this, he would have gone crazy."

Parvati smiles at her daughter's remark. "Ok, let's leave. The sooner we go, the sooner we can come back home."

"Kamal Chachu is also coming with us," said Shruti.

"Really! It's nice for him to get out of the house sometimes," said Parvati.

They both left the room.

Parvati, Shruti, and Kamal all arrived the Mehra's house. Parvati looks at the Bungalow which is well decorated with colourful light.

"They have decorated very well," Kamal commented. "Let's go inside."

They reached the entrance of the Mehra house. Both Shruti and Kamal stepped inside but Parvati didn't.

Why is my heart pounding so hard in my chest? Parvati thought aloud.

Parvati thinks back to the past when she got married to Suyash and stepped into this house as a Daughter-in-law. She snaps out of this memory and takes a step inside the house.

"What are you doing here?" asked Nikhil with his usual attitude towards Parvati.

"What do you mean by that? I am here because I was invited," Parvati replied.

"Why would anyone invite you?"

Parvati shows him the invitation card. "Is this some kind of sick joke, You invite me here and then have the gall to ask why am I here? You don't have any respect for your Business partner, do you?" Parvati is annoyed.

"This is a fake card, I would never invite you."

"I did," said Ashutosh.

They all turned their faces toward Ashutosh.

Parvati's expression changed from annoyance to surprise to sadness. She remembers Ashutosh always being kind to her even though She never considered him her son. This was a fake marriage and just a necessary step to protect her company. It's been 3 years since she last saw Ashutosh.