ch 19

Two months since Parvati left agarwal house :

At 4:30 in the morning, Parvati stirred in her bed, her eyes reluctantly fluttering open. Restlessness had become her unwelcome companion lately, plaguing her nights with fitful sleep and jarring awakenings. As the first light of dawn seeped through the curtains, her mind was already besieged by a flood of worries.

Despite her desperate attempts to find refuge in sleep, the tumultuous storm of anxieties raging within her refused to abate. Each passing minute only deepened her sense of unease, leaving her trapped in a relentless cycle of insomnia and distress.

With a heavy sigh, Parvati finally surrendered to the inevitability of wakefulness. Sitting upright in bed, she felt the weight of exhaustion bearing down on her, her body weary and her mind consumed by endless contemplation.

It had been two months since Parvati left her home, yet the turmoil within her showed no signs of easing.

************

Suyash was getting ready for work in his room, sitting on the couch and putting on his shoes. He glanced at the bed where Rajeshwari was still asleep. "Rajeshwari, it's almost 9, time to wake up," he called out.

Rajeshwari, annoyed, grabbed a pillow and covered her ears with it.

Suyash got up, went to his desk, and took out his watch from the drawer. After wearing it, he looked back at Rajeshwari. "Rajeshwari," he called again.

Rajeshwari didn't respond. Suyash went to the bed and suddenly pulled the duvet away, irritating Rajeshwari.

"You're going to be late for your office," Suyash reminded her.

"Leave me alone, Suyash," Rajeshwari said, pulling the duvet back over herself.

Suyash sighed and walked away, deciding not to engage in Rajeshwari's drama.

"I'm sick," Rajeshwari complained.

Suyash stopped and glanced back at Rajeshwari. Concerned, he approached the bed and sat down beside her, gently touching her forehead. "You temperature is really high," he observed.

Quickly, Suyash grabbed his phone and sent a message to Meera. Soon after, Meera arrived and and grabbed Rajeshwari wrist, checking pulse.

"How long have you been feeling unwell?" Meera inquired.

"Since yesterday," Rajeshwari replied weakly.

"Your fever is at its peak today. Take a paracetamol and rest for the day," Meera advised.

Just then, Mrs. Wadhwa entered the room, asking, "What happened?"

"Rajeshwari has a fever," Suyash informed her.

"That explains why she didn't come to the kitchen to cook for you," Mrs. Wadhwa remarked.

"For me?" Suyash was surprised.

"Yes, she cooks breakfast for you every morning," Mrs. Wadhwa confirmed.

Suyash was taken aback, glancing at Rajeshwari.

"Why isn't anyone coming down for breakfast?" Mr. Wadhwa suddenly entered the room, concerned.

"Rajeshwari has a high fever," Mrs. Wadhwa informed him. Mr. Wadhwa concerned walked over to Suyash's side and took Rajeshwari's hand.

"Papa," Rajeshwari said looking at her father, then at her mother. "Maa, isn't it nice that we are all back together?"

"Yes, it is," Mrs. Wadhwa replied warmly.

The Last Wishजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें