Chapter 9 : "Love"

Suyash was taken aback when he saw Rajeshwari standing in front of him, bowing down and gazing into his eyes. "Long time no see," she greeted him.

"Let's keep it that way," Suyash replied, deliberately turning his attention back to his laptop.

"I heard you lost your memory," Rajeshwari said with a mischievous grin.

Suyash continued to ignore her, not willing to engage.

"Hey! Don't ignore your children's mother," she added with a slight pout.

"Biological mother!" Rajeshwari emphasized, as if this fact alone warranted special attention.

Suyash remained silent, resolute in his decision to ignore her.

"Oh, come on. This is our first meeting since your accident. Are you still angry for things you don't even remember?" Rajeshwari implored.

Frustrated, She abruptly shut his laptop, saying, "Look at me when I'm talking to you."

"Talk to yourself," Suyash muttered as he stood from his chair and left the room, still ignoring her.

Rajeshwari, undeterred, followed him as he walked downstairs. However, just as Suyash was making his way down, someone called his name.

"Suyash!"

It was Mrs. Wadhwa and Mr. Wadhwa, sitting on the sofa, awaiting his arrival. Suyash was taken by surprise, as they were supposed to be in Canada.

Mr. and Mrs. Wadhwa were Suyash's father-in-law and mother-in-law, and they had moved to Canada with Suyash following his divorce with Parvati. They had been living there together including Ashutosh, while Nikhil remained alone in Mumbai to complete his studies.

"Mom, Dad!" Suyash exclaimed, genuinely surprised by their unexpected presence, and he hurried over to them.

"We have been meaning to see you since your accident," Mr. Wadhwa explained, his voice filled with concern.

Suyash humbly touched both of their feet. "You didn't have to come here; I was actually planning to go back to Canada anyway," Suyash replied.

"Back to Canada!?" Mrs. Wadhwa chimed in, her eyes filled with motherly warmth, "No, no, you stay here in India with your children. Don't separate yourself from your family. You've already spent your youth working in the office; now it's time to spend time with your family."

Suyash stood silently listening to her. It was clear that something was bothering Suyash deeply.

Mrs. Wadhwa noticed the despair in his eyes, "What happened, Suyash?" she asked.

"It's just that... since I returned to Mumbai, things keep happening... I don't feel at ease here," Suyash confessed, his voice heavy with emotion.

Concerned, Mrs. Wadhwa reached out and held Suyash's hand, her expression filled with love and concern, "Suyash," she said gently.

Unable to hold back his emotions, Suyash hugged her tightly. "Nothing, just stay here."

After they broke their hug, Mrs. Wadhwa then inquired, "Where is Ashutosh?"

"Probably still sleeping, he must have played video games all night," Nikhil replied with a hint of amusement.

Meera, excited to see Mr And Mrs Wadhwa, rushed over to them. "Aunt and Uncle Wadhwa!" she exclaimed, touching their feet as a sign of respect.

Mrs. Wadhwa warmly embraced Meera. "My sweetheart, come here! Such a sweet kid. I missed you so much. Are you liking this city?" Mrs. Wadhwa asked.

"I'm trying to get used to it," Meera replied with a bright smile.