ch 13: silence part 2

Parvati's eyes shot open, finding herself into the suffocating embrace of a pitch-black room. A shiver ran down her spine as anxiety gripped her, and she turned, desperately searching the inky void.

A distant glow beckoned. Trembling, she cautiously advanced toward the spectral light. As she neared the source, a flickering Deepak emerged, casting an unsettling radiance. Its feeble flame pulsating ominously. A sudden intrusion of air threatened its delicate flame. Parvati, driven by instinct, knelt to shield the Deepak, but her efforts proved futile.

 Parvati, driven by instinct, knelt to shield the Deepak, but her efforts proved futile

Horror consumed her as the room plunged back into an abyss of darkness. Worry etched across her face. The weight of the enveloping shadows pressed on her, leaving her stranded in an unsettling void.

In the oppressive blackness, anxiety etched every contour of her face, beads of sweat mirroring her palpable unease. Then, a familiar voice shattered the silence - "Parvati!"

In an instant, she sprinted towards the sound, and there stood Om, draped in a resplendent white suit, arms open in a beckoning embrace.

Parvati rushed into his arms,"Om, I knew you were still alive," she whispered, "Please don't leave me again."

"You have changed," Om declared, his words hung heavily in the air. Stepping back, confusion etched across Parvati's face as she sought clarity.

"What are you saying, Om?" Parvati's voice wavered with a mix of confusion and concern.

"You were supposed to be kind and wise," Om continued, his disappointment palpable. "You have become cruel. You shouldn't have done that to Suyash, whether he was a bad person or not. You shouldn't have stoop so low to punish someone else."

"Om, don't say that," Parvati pleaded, her eyes welling up with emotion.

"You are no better than Trishna, who can kill a person when it serves her purpose. I am disappointed," Om declared and then walked away, leaving Parvati in the wake of his unsettling words.

"Om?" she cried out desperately, "Om? Om? Don't leave me behind!"

Her pleas echoed into emptiness as Om continued walking, oblivious to her cries. In a final act of desperation, Parvati sprinted towards him, seizing his hand, only for him to vanish, and she abruptly snapped back to reality from the haunting dream, tears staining her eyes.

Sitting upright, she surveyed the room, her gaze lingering on a photo of Om hanging on the wall-a poignant reminder of his absence.

Wrapping her legs and arms around herself, she curled up, haunted by the nightmare. "It's always the same dream," she whispered, the weight of it pressing upon her.

After a few moments of contemplation, she checked the time on her phone. Rising from her bed, she made her way to the bathroom, ready to start her day.

At 8, she descended the hallway, mentally preparing for the committee meeting with Suyash Mehra. Seated at the breakfast table, Shilpa served her a comforting breakfast.