ch 10 : secrets

"Mr. Mehra!" Parvati's voice snapped Suyash back to reality. He looked up as she called his name, and suddenly, he felt a warm hand on his forehead.

"Do you have a fever?" Parvati inquired, her hand gently resting on his forehead. "You don't look fine."

In that moment, it was as if time stood still for Suyash. All the noise in his mind fell silent, replaced by a profound calmness that settled within him. Even his racing heart began to slow down. It was like the calm that follows a raging storm.

Parvati withdrew her hand, remarking with a puzzled expression, "You're actually cold."

Inwardly, Parvati pondered, It's strange. Sometimes his body feels like it's burning from within, and other times, it's as frigid as ice, like there's no life left in him.

Suyash, equally perplexed, touched the back of his hand to his face, sensing an unexpected chill despite the heat within him. It was an odd sensation.

Initially, Suyash had approached her seeking answers for his feelings, but now, in a comfortable silence, they sipped their coffee, Suyash found a certain peace in the quietude. Parvati too didn't mind the quiet.

"Mr. Suyash Mehra!"

Suddenly, the peace was abruptly shattered by Chhaya's entrance, her face contorted with anger, with Shilpa Bhabi silently standing beside her.

Parvati was surprised to see Chhaya appear suddenly.

"Are you still pursuing my Parvati bhabhi?" Chhaya accused Suyash, her voice filled with anger. Shilpa observed silently.

"Please, Chhaya, Stop," Parvati stood from her chair.

"No, Bhabhi, you don't understand," Chhaya told Parvati, her voice filled with frustration. "You're too innocent, and this Suyash Mehra is cunning like a fox. Do you forget all those times when Suyash nearly ruined our family? We could have gone bankrupt because of him."

Suyash was taken aback, hearing these accusations for the first time.

Chhaya's anger remained unabated as she continued, "It was bad enough that you had to marry him for money. But now that everything is over between you two, why do you still keep talking to him?"

Chhaya turned to Suyash, her tone stern. "And you, Mr. Majnu, stay away from our Parvati Bhabi. We don't want any Mehras associating with Agarwals," she emphasized. "After all that's happened? You still have the audacity-"

"ALRIGHT!" Suyash exclaimed, rising from his chair, clearly fed up with Chhaya's lecture. He didn't understand why Chhaya was so upset with him, but he could sense the chaos between the Agarwals and Mehras.

"Yes, you're right," Suyash responded loudly, his tone dripping with frustration. "I am sorry that I bothered you with my existence," he added before storming away without a second glance. Parvati, as he walked away, wanted to stop him, but she couldn't bring herself to do that, instead shooting a bewildered look at Chhaya.

Chhaya was taken aback by Suyash's behavior. "He's still so arrogant," she muttered.

"Chhaya, why did you do that!?" Parvati asked Chhaya, her anger evident.

"Bhabhi, why are you getting angry at me for him?" Chhaya retorted. "I was just-"

"Just what? Suyash has already realized his mistake, and he helped us avoid bankruptcy. If not for him, we wouldn't have ever known that Trishna killed Om," Parvati said, defending Suyash.

Chhaya noticed that Parvati was standing up for Suyash. "Bhabhi, why are you defending him?" Chhaya asked, folding her arms. "Don't tell me that you like him now?"