Please, don't leave

Tag
Yellow

Character
Ilsa Faust

Words
1.197

~•~

You lazily opened your eyes, the light entering the room from the opened window, a gust of wind making the curtains sway gently. The small room looked a mess, with various papers moving because of the wind, your clothes all over the floor. You closed your eyes, smiling, thinking of the night that just passed. Ilsa was a phenomenon, not only as a spy but also as a lover. You hummed, extending an arm, reaching for her, but all you found was the bare sheets on which you layed. You immediately jolted upright, scanning, once again, the room. No sight of her.

"Ilsa?"

You shouted for her, getting up. You got no answer. Your heart began racing, faster and faster, just like your feet, as you ran down the stairs and into the hallway, searching for her in every room.

"Ilsa!?"

You screamed at the top of your lungs, panick rising with every and each breath you took. You looked everywhere, in every room, in every closet, in every hiding spot, but nothing. She was nowhere to be found. You collapsed on the kitchen floor, tears streaming down your face. What had happened? Did someone found her?

You had been hiding for a couple of months now, and nobody seemed to even fathom your whereabouts. But maybe you were wrong, maybe they knew all along, ready to strike just at the right moment, to take her away from you. And you weren't ready. You were weak, unprepared, and now she was gone.

You got up, your eyes stinging from the tears welling up. And then the fron door opened slowly, creacking. You instictively took a knife, preparing for battle. You hid behind the kitchen door, waiting. You felt them moving towards you, the sound of their feet coming closer and closer until...

"Woah there!"

You were prepared to struck the knife into the skull of whoever was the intruder just to find her laughing at you. You sighed, putting down the knife on the kitchen table. You punched her softly on the arm.

"You're a moron! I could have killed you!"

She kissed you, still giggling.

"Yeah, you could have. That's what I like about my women: the ability to kill."

You scoffed, helping her with the groceries.

"How many times do I have to tell you that-"

"We don't leave eachother alone. Ever."

You gave her an agry look, and she shook her shoulders.

"I know, but I couldn't sleep so I thought I might as well efficiently use my time. Plus..."

She took the knife you previously held and scrutinesed it.

"You told me yourself. You could have killed me, if I wasn't me. So you can bare being alone for a while."

"No."

She stared at you, trying to decipher your thoughts.