Into me you see

Character
Lady Jessica

Rating
Green

Words
1.586

~•~

"Here are the candidates, Lady Jessica."

"Hm you can leave now."

Lady Jessica took a guick glance at all the seven girls aligned in front of her. Her eyes stopped on you. You didn't dare look in her direction, your face cold and unexpressive. She came closer to you, looking up and down at your form. She gestured for the others to leave, and they immediately took off. You remained alone with her, your muscles tensed.

"Look at me."

You did as you were told, your E/C eyes looking directly at hers. She was beautiful, her jawline was defined and her cheeks almost hollow but that didn't take away her feminity.

"Tell me your name."

"Y/N."

She hummed, and with her hand put a stranded hair in its place. Her touch was gentle and her palm slightly touched your face, which almost made you jump. You weren't used to these small gestures of affection.

"I know you carry a knife."

Your eyes widened. How could she tell? She smiled, and her hand moved slowly down your body. You were prepared to attack at any moment, but something told you not to. Her hand trailed down your torso, until she found the knife and threw it away from the two of you.

"Now we're both unarmed."

Your jaw tensed, and you faked a smile. You didn't want to be there, but that woman made you curious somehow, so you tried refraining your violent impulses.

"You're a Fremen."

"And very proud to be one."

Your chest puffed, and you looked down at her. She just smiled at you, and you began being irritated by her kindness and gentleness. You knew it was a façade; as soon as you would have trusted her she would have stabbed you in the back.

"I want to entrust my life to you."

You rolled your eyes, and chuckled. She was so naïve, thinking that a Fremen girl like you would help a woman like her, the concubine of the Duke that would certainly ruin your land.

Lady Jessica's smile never left her pale face. You gazed at her curiously.

"You may not know it now, but we are a part of a bigger plan."

You raised one of your brows, inquiringly. Could she be talking about...?

"Lisan Al-Gaib..."

You whispered. She nodded, her smile fading. You gulped; she could be lying, but something told you she wasn't. The prophecy was finally becoming reality, and you were going to be a part of it.

You kneeled, and bowed your head.

"I will protect you with my life."

Her hand came to touch your veil, and hummed. You looked up and saw the face of a true Bene Gesserit, the bearer of the Lisan Al-Gaib.