𝐼𝑛 𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑦 (Regulus Black x fem!reader) FINALE

PREVIOUSLY

"Okay?? Well, that's gonna keep me up." You joked.

He cracked a small smile. "I just need more time."

"More time?" You echoed.

"Don't worry about it." He turned on his heel,"Good night, (Name)."
__________________

TWO WEEKS LATER, MONDAY
__________________

Regulus stood beside you, watching the potion for any changes in color or scent. Sleeping Draught had a very dark, midnight blue color with a hue of grey and smelt like lavender. You were setting the burner to a slow, steady flame.

Around him, students chattered in hushed tones of excitement and anxiousness. He averted his gaze to you and noted that you seemed more fidgety, hands fiddling with your parchment and sleeve and wand.

Regulus had discovered that you always kept your hands busy absent-mindededly or, your mouth. You'd tap small, uneven beats on the desk, tap your feet slowly and even nibble on the ends of your quills. It was amusing as he watched you spit feathers out with your nose scrunched only to resume chewing the next moment.

Admittedly, it irriated him the first few days ans he had asked you stop. But, he could tell it strained you. Slowly, you resumed these things and Regulus found it equally stimulating. He never thought he'd enjoy listening to small sounds you emitted from your taps but it was great white noise.

"Good Afternoon, class." Professor Atticus greeted as entered and shut the door behind him.

"Good afternoon, Professor." Everyone greeted simultaneously.

"I trust you all completed your practical?"

Everyone nodded or hummed.

He smiled. "That's good to hear! I'll start checking everyone's potions and elixirs in a moment."

"Of course, keep in mind that if you fail this practical, you and your partner will need to submit a ten page essay of a minimum of 5000 words about the potion or elixir you brewed." He added.

Groans of protest resonated.

"Oh, Godric," You mouthed.

Regulus looked at you subtly, noting how you nibbled on the nail of your thumb, tapping your foot anxiously.

He reached a hand out and lightly held your hand. "Hey,"

You snapped your head to him.

"It's all gonna turn out alright. We did everything right and it smells and looks just as it was written, doesn't it?" He whispered.

You nodded slowly.

He slowly lowered your hand, gaze locked to yours. "Alright. I understand your nerves but, we did a good job. You did a good job."

You sent him a small smile and squeezed his hand. Regulus felt his heart skip a beat.

"Now, I'll be going in the order from the groups I announced. So, Danae Vex and Catherine Yardley." Professor Atticus announced.

Regulus realised he was still holding your hand and was about to pull away when he felt you lightly squeeze his hand again. He eyed you from his peripherals and saw you were facing the front, watching Professor Atticus evaluate the first group.

You began slowly tapping your foot and Regulus squeezed your hand, hoping that would somehow help ease your nerves until the end of the class. It must've worked somehow because you stopped tapping your foot, and Regulus couldn't help but feel a small sense of accomplishment at that.