32

32| Baby Fever

Nobody's POV
June 12

"Mommy, what happened to your legs? Are they hurting?" Desiree asked her mom and King laughed.

"Christian, shut up boy." Toni joked and playfully slapped his arm. He laughed and looked at his younger sister.

"Do you need to go to the doctor?"

"No I'll be fine, I just walked into my dresser."

"Okay. Where's momma?"

"She took Skai and Zee to Mama K's house while you were napping. Did you want to go?"

"Nope. Her house is always hot, she never turns on the ac."

"And then she has the plastic on the couch, my lord." Toni laughed at her child. Mama K's house is always hot but the grandkids seem to always be over. Soon the front door opened revealing Janet, Tamar, Vince, and Logan.

"Look who pulled up at the same time as me." Toni smiled seeing her sister and nephew at the door.

"Hi, Tayyy."

"Hi T."

"How's motherhood treating you?"

"Good. I got all of my pointers from watching you and Janet with Desiree." Toni smiled and then grabbed Logan's infant car seat. She walked to the couch and set it on the floor.

"Wow, you just talked to me to get my son?"

"Yup, and it worked." Toni laughed and she opened the top of the car seat. Logan's wide eyes stared at her and she smiled.

"Hi, TT's baby." She picked him up and held him, making sure to support his head. Logan is a chunky boy and he's only three weeks.

"Tamar what are you feeding him." Janet joked and Tamar chuckled.

"Just the breast milk and I'm eating healthy too."

"I'm making sure of it." Vince said and Tamar smiled.

Janet's POV

Earlier while watching Toni interact with Logan, made me want to have another baby. Severe baby fever. I don't know if the feeling is going to go away if we don't have a child. We're not getting any younger and our kids are getting older. Maybe another baby will be good for our family. I don't know how Toni is going to feel. We already have four kids so having one more wouldn't hurt. Would it?

"Baby?"

"Hmm?"

"What's the matter? You seem nervous about something." She said and I smiled. I love how we can notice when something is up with one another. We are in bed watching reruns of Blossom. Toni was laying in between my legs with her head resting on my stomach.

"Umm... watching you and Logan today kind of makes me want to have another child." Toni sat up and looked at me. I nervously bit down on my bottom lip,

"I know that might sound crazy because our kids are damn near grown but I think that it will be good for us. You know, one last child running around before we get old...er." Toni isn't saying anything and it's making me nervous. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything.

"N-never mind. Forget I even said anything, it's stupid." I said and sniffled.

"Baby, why are you crying?"

"You, because you aren't saying anything."

"I can't think?"

"You thought for a long time, Toni." She laughed and I rolled my eyes. Now she thinks this is funny.

"What's funny?"

"You and stop crying, love." Toni wiped my tears and I looked up at her.

"Okay so what's your answer?"

"Yes."

"Yes?"

"That's what I said, baby. Yes, we can have another child. I actually meant to ask you that too but you beat me to it." I smiled and hugged her tightly. I kissed her cheek and she laughed. I pulled away and looked at her. Now I'm having second thoughts...

"What's the matter again baby?"

"What if— what if I have a miscarriage like the last time?" Before I got with Toni, I had a miscarriage when I was with René. Of course, Toni knows about it because it was all over the media and I told her. I just don't want that to happen again, I'd be devastated.

"Baby you have to understand that René caused you to miscarry, not you. He was abusing you and that's what happened. You're not going to miscarry because I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. Everything will be fine, okay baby?" I nodded my head and Toni wiped my tears again. I just know the process of me trying to have our child is going to be a long one. I just hope that I have enough patience.

Azuree's POV

Mama K cooked this good dinner for us. She made pantry pasta with vegan cream sauce. It's a vegan meal since I'm vegan but Skai was hesitant to try it. She ended up liking it and went for seconds. I turned vegan a couple of years ago and it's the best thing I did. I feel much healthier now and more energetic. For dessert, Grandpa Joe drove us to this new vegan donut place that just opened. I had a Strawberry Sourdoughnut and it was sooo good.

Mama K said that she's going to try and make them for me one day. Mama K spoils us and this is why I love being here. And her house isn't even hot. It was hot earlier because she was cooking but she turned on the air because she knows that we get hot. But when she turns it off, whew! We be burning. Especially when we sit down in the living room, we get stuck to the plastic on the couches.

Paris came over earlier to show us her new magazine cover and it's so beautiful. It's her first one since Auntie Whitney died and we're so proud of her. She dedicated it to her mother by wearing purple for the photo shoot, which is Auntie Whitney's favorite color. I love that and I'll be sure to buy a lot of copies.

Right now, I'm laying in my room at Mama K's house while on the phone with Darryl. Some people might know him as DDG because he's a YouTuber. He's my best friend but I think he likes me. I don't know if I'm allowed to date but if I was, I probably wouldn't date him.

Maybe that will change in the future but my parents have to know about him first. I don't like keeping secrets from them.

***

•Janet wanting another baby?

•Azuree being vegan?

Excuse any errors ✨