chapter 1

I'm sorry in advanced if I let you down
rolling stone ~ Brent Faiyaz

          I'm sorry in advanced if I let you downrolling stone ~ Brent Faiyaz

                                          ———

"Appa why do we have to go back to Korea again? Weren't you a wanted man there or something" Jia's lips pursed forward as she asked her father why they were going back to Korea after fleeing to America because of his criminal record.

The young adult was mistreated by her father but that didn't stop her from losing her cheerful personality. Her father rubbed his head in exhaustion. "Jia we're going back because I have business with an old friend, Kim Myeong-Gil and you will come with me and help us achieve our goal I didn't train you for nothing"

That made her eye drop. He tortured her, trained her in all combat skills possible. She learned how to act how to hide her emotions and also play with others emotions just to do wrong? "Appa I don't wanna become a bad person like you tho."

Her voice was low, she was scared of her fathers reaction. Eun-Woo let out a loud laugh at her daughter's statement. "Oh Jia you really think you have a choice? You will do as I say or there will be consequences. Like I said before, you were trained for a reason your only purpose is to serve me" She shrunk in her seat and adjusted her face mask breaking eye contact with her father. She was never his child she was just a pawn.

Jia was a strong girl. Perhaps even stronger than her father but she didn't want to test that theory. "Sir we have arrived to Korea." The flight attendant bowed as Eun-Woo got up. "Grab your things we're leaving." He didn't even spare one glance at her and made his way through the exit.

"Thank you for your service Jin-Ae! Make sure to thank everyone for me aswell!" Jia bowed and grabbed her things quickly following her father. Jin-Ae laughed quietly at her polite manners. "Bye Jia enjoy." Jin-Ae was always their flight attendant. Her father travelled a lot and she was always there.

Jia always showed her gratitude towards her each and every flight, unlike her father. She had manners and was nothing like Eun-Woo. She was a kind soul and followed in her mothers footsteps.

"Waa it's been a while since I've been here!" The summer breeze hit her face like a truck. Korea was her home and being away from it for so long brought her nostalgia. "Let's go the Uber is here"

She got into the back of the sleek black Rolls Royce putting her bags next to her as her father sat on the other side. They were filthy rich and Jia was ashamed of it. All that money they had came from the blood of the poor. Her father was a horrible man and all the money he has was never truly earned.

The car started and they drove to their new home. She looked outside the window like a child. Watching the beautiful scenery of Korea after being away from it for so long. She tucked in her bottom lip and smiled cheerfully. She bounced on the seat in pure excitement and finally they've arrived to their new home.