Chapter 12

"how fucking annoying"

———

It's been 20 minutes since Choi left. "Lord, can we just go home!" Jia groaned running her hands over her face. Geon-Woo rolled his eyes. "So dramatic, can't you stay patient hm?" The man said twirling a lock of her long hair in between his fingers. "You know I physically can't Woo" he chuckled. Jia was the most impatient woman he knew. She couldn't sit still for a couple minutes, she always had to move. She let out a grumble and pulled out her phone. She started playing a shit little game she had installed that didn't require wifi. Geon-Woo joined Woo-Jin who curiously let his eyes wander along the many 'books' displayed in the room.

He pulled one out and his eyes widened when stacks of cash dropped to his feet. "No way!" He screamed. Both the boys looked at each other and then their heads automatically turned to Jia. She slowly raised her eyes from her game. "Oh absolutely not. You did it you clean it. And you better do it fast cause I'm pretty sure she's gonna be arriving soon" the boys wasted no time and started picking up the cash making her giggle. Once they were done picking everything up the boys sat on the leather couch on either side of Jia.

Woo-Jin looked at her game. "You suck" "You swallow" she replied quickly. "Let me try" he said, ripping the phone from her hands. "What the heck!" She shouted, trying to get her phone back. Geon-Woo sighed loudly at all the commotion but raised to his feet once he saw a woman wearing all black walking towards them. He assumed she was Hyeon-Ju. Woo-Jin saw him standing up and did the same after harshly shoving Jia into the brown couch. "Ugh!" She groaned brushing her messy hair back down as she stood up herself. "Jackass" Jia whispered when she looked back down at her game and saw that he beat her high score. "Believe it or not seeing you mad turns me on" he said in a teasing whisper. Her eyes twitched, she was ready to jab her elbow into his side but Geon-Woo caught her hand and held it, interlocking their fingers together.

"Beat his ass later not now, yea?" He asked her. Jia sighed through her nose and nodded. The door finally opened revealing Hyeon-Ju. Jia could see that hiring bodyguards wasn't an idea she liked. She could tell by the mean glare the woman had. The trio bowed. "Hello Miss Hyeon-Ju! We were handpicked by Mister Choi as your bodyguards, for you to go safely about your work." Woo-Jin was the first to speak. "Hashtag bodyguard, hashtag please be my security personnel ,hashtag— eeh!" Jia cut him off by finally jabbing his side. "Hashtag shut the fuck up you're giving me a headache" She rolled her eyes. Geon-Woo covered his mouth in attempts to hide his smile. Hyeon-Ju was struggling herself. The woman sighed, after a long pause. "Leave" she said with a straight face. "Pardon? You don't even know us or our abilities how can you—"

Hyeon-Ju kissed her teeth. She was surprised when she saw Jia for the first time. She didn't think Mister Choi would hire a girl, not that it bothered her. She was just interested. "I don't need anyone, I'm fine by myslef. Plus I hate when people argue with me." Woo-Jin stepped in this time. "She wasn't arguing tho?" Her glare was redirected to him. "Then what was it? She was arguing with me and so are you for not listening to me and leaving." She pointed her finger to the door. Jia scoffed and was the first to exit the room. She didn't have the patience for this. Woo-Jin was right behind her. He sighed sadly and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. She didn't resist, Jia stuck herself to his side. Their brows furrowed however when they saw Geon-Woo sinking to his knees. She wanted to go in, but this wasn't her fight.

———

Guess the pity party worked. Hyeon-Ju considered the idea of hiring the three. Geon-Woo sat with Hyeon-Ju talking about why he needed the money so bad. "I want that" Woo-Jin side eyed her. "You're pointing at three different burgers Jia pick one" she rolled her eyes. "But I'm hungry! Can't a girl eat?"
After some time arguing, Jia ended up buying three burgers. The two sat at the table with the trays. Jia was so focused on her food, yet her ears perked up when Hyeon-Ju started talking about the loan sharks. They dressed up as homeless people to steal money from others. It  didn't take a genius to figure out what they were up to, as no homeless person would have pearly white teeth like them. "You're right to think that there's someone behind all of this"

The two women made eye contact. "It's probably someone big, sending groups of homeless people out in the streets to do their dirty work. If you deal with those groups you'll eventually have to deal with the one directing this whole operation. Are you ready for that?" Hyeon-Ju was silenced. After a couple minutes, Jia bursted into fits of giggles. "Relax Hyeon-Ju, I'm just teasing. You already know what they're up to but we'll help you prepare for what's to come" the woman grinned cheekily, munching on a fry. Hyeon-Ju let her lips tilt into a small smile. Maybe hiring them wasn't such a bad idea after all.

———

South Korea was asleep as they drove along the empty highway. "Our goal right now is to track how many IDS Yang Jae-Myeong steals. You three will follow his goons and count how many identification cards they steal from the homeless. But whatever you do, do not step in" Jia tightened her pony tail as she hid it inside her cap. They tailed the car infront of them as it finally came to a stop. "Do I look ok?" Jia whispered to Woo-Jin. He shut the door behind him, adjusting his mask. "You always look ok, even with a mask covering half your face." He flicked her hat slightly. He would never admit it but Jia was gorgeous. He always thought that since the day they'd met. And that didn't change. Her cheeks warmed up at his words, she was glad the face mask covered it up though.

The three goons made their way down into a train station. The perfect place where the homeless would seek shelter during the cold nights. They waited a while, and then followed them down the stairs. The train station was silent. They kept their heads down, doing the most to keep their identities hidden. "Hey how about this punk?" One of the criminals spoke. "Nah the bastard is too drunk". Her eyes softened in pity. The man was sleeping on nothing but the hard ground. Empty bottles of beer surrounded him like a wall. As she walked past him, she crouched down and slipped some money into his coat. She wished he would use it wisely. But she was happy enough to give him hope once he woke up. Geon-Woo interlocked his hand with hers when she trailed too far behind them. He knew that she could handle herself better than anyone, yet he didn't want to take the risk.

The three goons finally chose their first victim of the night. They crouched down and shook the man awake. The trio hid behind a wall, watching the scene unfold. "We are from a homeless association funded by the government, we are here to help" he spoke. Jia's eyes squinted in anger. "We just need your ID and we can sign you in." And it was that easy. She sighed heavily under her mask, and rested her head on Woo-Jin's back. Who also watched in complete despair.

The night went on and the goons stole more and more ID's. Except this time, they stumbled on an old face. "You bastard give me back my ID!" The elderly man spoke as he gripped the goon's coat. Jia gasped as she covered her mouth. They grabbed the homeless man and threw him on the ground beating him mercilessly. With one harsh blow on the head, the woman panicked when she saw blood drip from his skull. And that's when it all went to shit.

———

Tadaaa!! Did you miss me?

I'm so sorry for the late update but I did not
Give up on this book.

I have so many exams right now
Since it's almost the end of the school year.

But I just wanted to drop this update
To clarify that I'm not dead, just lazy ;)

Anyways! Leave a comment i missed you!