chapter 5

Oh my heart, it breaks every step that I take
Born to die ~ Lana Del Ray

Oh my heart, it breaks every step that I takeBorn to die ~ Lana Del Ray

———

She ran through the doors of the busy hospital, ignoring the already weird looks she was receiving. She was still in her dress which was something unusual to wear to a hospital. She walked towards the receptionist, unable to catch her breath.

The lady looked at her with wide eyes, surprised by her attire but also her breathless state. "Hello can I help you?" Jia nodded her head quickly before answering. "Y-yes please uhm my friend c-came here I don't know what h-happend or a-anything and I r-really need to—" her words came out shaky and she was on the verge of tears. Jia ran a hand through her hair in exasperation, desperately trying to catch her breath. "Miss I need you to calm down and take a deep breath for me to help you, can you do that?"

The woman tried to calm Jia down, trying to find a way to help her. She took a few deep breaths rubbing her wet face due to the mix of the rain outside and her sweat. Her makeup was slowly dripping down, with her sweat making her injuries visible. "I'm sorry I just need to see a my friend his name is Geon-Woo I'm not sure what happened exactly I just need to know where he is." She had finally calmed down, her words still came out shaky but she managed to make the woman understand.

"Yes! He came in I think a couple hours ago he has his friend already waiting for him, and his mother I think left a couple minutes ago is that right?" Jia nodded frantically "yes, yes that right" the woman glanced at her computer before looking back at Jia with a kind smile. "He is currently still getting his stitches done, so you can go wait in that waiting room with his friend who came in earlier." Jia nodded and thanked the woman before speed walking towards the waiting room, she cursed at her dress before kicking the train of it, mindful not to trip.

There, she saw Woo-Jin sitting on a chair with his head back, clearly tired. "J-Jinnie" she called out his name with a weak voice, but he still managed to hear her voice and the cute little nick name she had given him. He shot up from his seat and looked at her. Woo-Jin shamelessly ran his eyes over her figure, clearly speechless at her choice of clothing. He wasn't complaining or anything like that, in the contrary, he thought she looked beautiful.

She looked like a princess. Her figure stood out in the tight dress and her beautiful hair enhanced her face even more. But he also noticed her runny makeup, and he could also hear her shaky breath. "C'mer" he opened his arms and she ran into them. He wrapped his arms around her figure, and gently caressed her hair, comforting her."

"I-I was so worried" she let out a choked sob, making his heart shatter. "I know Ji, I'm sorry for worrying you" he rocked her trembling figure side to side waiting for her to calm down. "I-I'm so sorry I didn't have my p-phone I should have k-kept it on I'm sorry" her sobs got louder and he held her chin up making eye contact with her. Her pouty lips quivered as she tried to hold back her cries. Woo-Jin took his thumb and wiped away the tears dropping from her eyes. He gave her a kiss on the forehead before enclosing his arms around her again. "None of this was your fault ok? I need you to calm down, Geon-Woo will be out any minute now he's fine and alive ok?"