Chapter 8

You know I love you like no one else could
I'll kill you ~ Summer Walker

You know I love you like no one else could I'll kill you ~ Summer Walker

———

The trio thought it was best to pay off Geon-Woo's debt before proceeding with any sort of revenge. Jia clutched on Geon-Woo's hand while they went up the stairs of Woo-Jin's brother's company.

"What's you're brother like?" They finally made it up the stairs. Woo-Jin grabbed the door knob and took a deep breath. "You don't wanna know sweetheart" her head turned to the side in confusion.

Woo-Jin opened the door and plastered a big fake smile on his face. "It's going to be ok" she looked up to see her best friend already staring at her. He nodded quickly and squeezed her hand in return as they followed Woo-Jin.

"Brother! Woo-Jin is here!" She eyed his brother. He looked, mean. He clearly meant business and she judged that by his visuals. His long hair was slicked back. He had tattoos on his neck and arms. The only vibes she got from him was arrogance.

She preferred Woo-Jin a lot more. "Hey you bastard, you have some nerve popping up here asking for money, huh!" He grabbed his hand pulling Woo-Jin towards him and smacked his face. Woo-Jin still holding his smile.

Jia glared at him. She didn't like how he was treating his brother. Geon-Woo backed up. The problem was revolving around him. He didn't want anyone to suffer for himself.

"Jeez I'm sorry! Come on!" Woo-Jin dragged his words clearly trying to get on his brother's good side. "Sit" her glare remained on her face. She grabbed Geon-Woo's sleeve, dragging him to the couch.

She sat in the middle, looking at Woo-Jin as he gave her a reassuring smile. Jia folded her hands on her knees, keeping her posture straight. She made eye contact with the man in front of her.

"Who are you" she fought back the urge to roll her eyes. "I'm their friend. It's nice to meet you, I've heard many good things about you" that wasn't true, at all. But how would he know? Anything to pump up his ego would mean getting on his good side. Easier for them to get what they want.

Jia gave him a soft smile. He only smirked, liking the compliment. He turned his attention to Geon-Woo. "How exactly did you end up in this situation?" By that point her mind wandered of. Jia could get easily distracted. This conversation bore her. She played with the gold rings on her fingers.

She counted how many tiles were laid on the floor. Multiplying them to find the total. She leaned more into Woo-Jin while the other two kept having a conversation about something she still didn't catch on to.

Woo-Jin smiled at that, taking her hand in his. He played with her hand. The pad of his thumb running over her manicured fingers. The man pushed the money forward, offering it to them. Her eyes widened, surely he wasn't going to give it to them without something in return.