chapter. 1

Manjiros pov.

I took a hit of my cigarette, the last one I'll ever smoke. Though I have been saying that for years now, I meant it. This time, I nearly took two hits before putting it out and stepping on it as I walked down the road. Cold, rainy and fucking ready to go home.
I could hear footsteps behind me. There wasn't any point in turning around, I knew who it was.

"I can smell your cigarettes  block away, Mikey. You know Angel is gonna sniff that out and somehow blame me for it."

Draken slung his arm around my shoulders, which I quickly shrugged him off. Even if he is my best friend, I don't do touching. He makes some tsk sound and shoves his hands in his pockets as we walk.

"Finally, why the hell did you park so far away?"

Baji was, of course, already at our destination. The take out place we so graciously loaned 43,312,800 yen too. Normally I don't like doing loan shark hits, but this one I took personally. Chifuyu pulled his hood down as he walked past me. His blue eyes narrowed at the man behind the counter as he pushed the door open.

"Take out order for Manji"

Baji shouted as fallowed behind, shit eating grin on his face, hair tie between his teeth ready for a fight like always. Draken held the door open for me and fallowed me in, once the door closed, I watched from over my shoulder as Draken locked the door and flipped the door sign closes.
The man behind the counter screaming at us in Korean, shot gun in hand. Taking the lead I stepped around my men. Calm as always, I'm sure my stare wasn't helping. Looking past the barrel of the shot gun and into the man's eyes I tilted my head.

"Welcome home, Mr.Jeong.
We've missed you."

The man shaking lowered his gun, only to bring it back up, aiming it at me. Such a damn annoyance. His fatal mistake was when he released the safety, pulled back the hammer, and lifted his index finger to the trigger.
Before he could even blink, the gun was pulled out from behind him, Peh releasing the handle to let the unused shells fall. Pah, bringing Mr.Jeong into a head lock, dragging him to the back.
That being my que to fallow so I did. Pah graciously smacking the old man around, bruising him up and ending his assault with a knee to the stomach, Mr.Jeong doubled over to his knees, holding his stomach.

"Have a nice vacation back to Seoul to visit your daughter? She's grown quite a bit, hasn't she? She's what now...eighteen? Nineteen?"

Draken pulled out Polaroids of the girl, walking in a park. Heading into work, sitting at a coffee shop, walking up the steps to her flat. Throwing them on the ground in front of the man still doubled over in pain. He stopped gasping for air when it registered what the pictures were of.

"See Mr.Jeong, I liked you. Grew up coming here with my wife and my guys, even remember watching your daughter grow. Going to your wifes funeral. Felt like we had a...bond per say."

I really didn't like fucking talking this much. But I guess the memories connected to this place has me in a talkative mood.

I could see Draken side eyeing me from the corner of my eye. Pah kicked him again, making him cough up blood on the pictures. As I pulled my gun out, twisting the silencer into place. My phone rings, of course. I click the power button, sending whoever it was to voice mail. Whoever it was would have to wait, bending at the knees, I tap my gun to Mr.Jeongs chin. Making him look up at me, his right eye was already swollen shut. Busted lip, cuts from Pahs rings. 

"Oi mikey, I packed up some boxes."

Baji yelled out, looking over at him. He held up five large paper bags of white containers. Mr.Jeong tried to take advantage of my distraction and grabbed the silencer, trying to rip the gun out of my hand. Draken coming from the right of me and kicking him harder in the side than pah had, the breaking of his ribs and his pained yells filled the storage area.

"Baji, read the fuckin room. Time and place."

Draken scolds, comencing their back and forth, arguing as if on que. I watch Mr.Jeong lay on his side, holding his ribs, standing back to my full height. Pointing my guns silencer at his head.

"Take solace in knowing your daughter will have a roof over her head. She will never go hungry. We will make sure she is well taken care of, as she works off your debt for the rest of her life."

Right when I went to pull the trigger, Drakens phone goes off. Of course, not on silent. Some anime intro as his ring tone. I watched in astonishment as he fumbles with his phone, answering it without looking at the caller i.d. pressing the phone to his ear just to pull it away just as quickly. He looked at me with a dead pan face, walking over and handing me the phone.

"It's...Angel, Mikey."

I keep my glare locked on draken as I lift the phone to my ear. I don't think she even realized he wasn't on the phone anymore. The spew of curses and threats flying from those gorgeous lips of hers. Such venom in her words, but to me, they sounded angelic, just as she is. My perfect Angel. Her screaming hello is what brought me back to reality.

"Yes, baby doll, I know it's late. I'm sorry for being out after you went to sleep, that take out place you like so much....yea, that one."

She gave me Mr.Jeongs name, her anger slipping away, coming to understand. I could hear her shuffling around our bed. I could picture her there. In her pink silk nightgown with a matching bonnet. Waiting for me, like she always has, like she always will. My slight smile fades. Looking back down to Mr.Jeong, pressing the silencer to the center of his forhead.

"Well, it's going out of business their last day was today. So Baji wanted to come one last time. He was even gracious enough to get you something."

Mr.Jeong stared up at me wide-eyed, opening his mouth to scream. I pulled the trigger before he could make a sound. My angel didn't know about this part of our life and she wasn't about to now.

"Yea, I'll be home soon. I love you beautiful."