chapter. 4

Angels Pov.

By the time we pulled up to Esmes house, there was another car I recognized there. She parked behind the white suv that was vadas.

"You didn't tell me Vada was going to be here! Ahh! It's been forever since I've seen her."

I squealed in excitment, practically jumping out of the car before it was completely stopped. Sage sighed, grabbing my hand to pull me back to her. I did look back at her, and I hadn't realized she was talking. My excitement for getting out of the house and seeing everyone was distracting.

"Honestly, I didn't know she was going to be here either, but knowing our Esme, She probably had  stuff sent to her house as well. And needed her to drop it off, too."

I stared at her blankly for a moment it seemed like an excuse, but any excuse to see each other was a good one. Finally, sage, let me go, and I opened the car door, skipped up the steps to the front, and walked in without nocking.

"Vvvvvaaddddaaaaa"

The pair were sitting in the front room talking about god knows what. Vada and Esme looked up at me in shock but also a smile. Esme, Stood with her hands on her hips. Glaring down at me as I flopped onto the couch with my head on Vada's lap.

"Oh? So fuck me right? You just come into my house and don't say hi to me?! Clearly, you hate me and want me to parrish. And to think I had a gift for you."

I sat up instantly, pressing my hands together. Though I wasn't a fan of surprises, I did love a good present. I pressed my fingertips together like I was praying and looked up at Esme with big golden eyes.

"Ppppaaahhhhlllleease forgive meee she was just the first one I saw so i addressed her first. You know I love you."

It was vadas turned to stand up with her hands on her hips. Glaring down at me just as Esme was. These two could make the strongest man feel weak.
I swear to everything.

"Ooooo so you only love me cuz you saw me first? I see where we stand. And to think I, too, got you a gift. Guess I'll return it now."

She stuck her nose in the air. The door opened and closed once again. We couldn't see who entered the house, but it wasn't hard to guess. Sage came strolling in, large palots of fabric in her arms.

"You two get off her back. This is why everyone calls you the chaos twins. You know that right. Here, take your order."

Sage said with a huff. Once Esme took the fabric from her arms, she went over to Esmes chair sitting right in front of her fan. Esme giggled as she ran the fabric back to her sowing room. I tilted my head watching her run off.

"Is your husband not back there? I figured I would hear his machine going like I usually do any time I step in this place."

After a moment, she returned with a tray with different drinks, mostly water but a second pitcher of sweet tea for Vada. Handing the largest glass of water to sage first. Esme took her seat on the couch facing the one Vada and I were in.

"No, Mikey has him off doin a delivery... again. I love your husband Angel, we are family, but sometimes he be stealin mine a little too much for my liking."

She handed me a glass of water and Vada her tea. Can't say I blame her for being upset with my husband. I've been upset with him for weeks. Anytime he would suprise me with a late night dinner date, I'd forget why I was mad for a bit until he was gone the next morning. The dick to good, though, even if I am pissed at myself the next day for letting him off so easy. This time, I was determined to stay focused. He better be happy. I don't throw these rings at him and leave...