chapter. 3

Manjiros pov

Swirling my scotch, I stare down at my phone. Watching my angel leave our home with her bestftiend. Locking the device and throwing the rest of my drink to the back of my throat. The burn was nice, I'm sure it matched the flames of angels' words brewing in her mind for the next time I came home.

Luckily, she did exactly what I expected she was going to do. She didn't read the letter, I could see it on her face. At least not fully. She clearly didn't know her little friends were in on this surprise. Having Mitsuyas wife already make angel a dress weeks ago. I knew this past month was going to be busy, and I wasn't going to be able to tell her much. I never could, I never told my girl more than she needed to know.

"Mikey, you sure you don't want to postpone dealing with Valhalla and moebius? Tonight's gonna be big enough of an issue, but to invite them to this..."

I was only half listening to Kenchin, scrolling through my phone. Seeing none of my men's wives had texted me back yet. Which could only mean they weren't ready yet. We had about an hour left before they were to be at Roppongi.. as if on que Senju texting me to let me know the doors were ready to open for us and sanzu would wait for me at the front.

"The girls will be there. Includes their own Kenchin. They won't pull anything. Let's go."

I stood from my chair, hands in pockets, the left holding her new set of wedding rings. A 6 million yen set she deserved, I'm going to gift her tonight at her surprise party. Once in the elevator, I took my hair tie out. Trying and failing to tie my hair back, Kenchin groaned, snatching it from my hand.

"We haven't had much time to do much of anything. Other than work. This isn't just for angel, it's for all of our wives....mostly angel."

I said in a deadpan voice, not that I needed to reassure Kenchin. He knew better than anyone what today was for. To settle a score and to keep our girls in the light while we remain in the dark. The brighter my angel and her girls shined, the more we had to fight for. Or at least that's what the guys and I tell ourselves.

Kenchin pulled my hair from my face and tied it back for me, as he has done sense we were kids. The elevator stopped right when he was finished, and we walked through the lobby of our companies main office.

"Have you talked to my sister lately?"

Kenchin held the door open for me. I almost looked up at him because of how long it was taking him to answer when he finally did.

"Emma said everything at the brothel is going well. If you want to talk to her about Mr.Jeong daughter than you can stop by.
You know Sage doesn't like me going there. The only reason she doesn't stop me is because that was my home for a long time."

He was right, of course. When Emma took over the brothel, I initially didn't like it. She promised she wouldn't be a prostitute, just help run things. Of course, I had security cameras installed to make sure that stayed true. For the last three years since she has taken over, things have gone smoothly.

"Enough about work. Is takemichi and Hinata going to be there tonight?"

Kenchin asked as we got on our bikes. The thumbprint scanner's roaring them to life. Pushing the kickstand back, I sat there for a moment, thinking.

"They are still in China. I had a conference call with Takemichi this morning. He said everything is going well with the ambassador. Soon, we will have territory in 7 different districts in Shanghai alone."

Of course, getting the ambassador on our payroll wasn't easy. The man is made out of nothing but money, Takemichi knows what he's doing, and that's why I left this to him. Driving to Roppongi only took about ten minutes. When we pulled up, as expected, Sanzu was outside.