chapter. 2

Angels Pov.

I woke up early the next morning. Not surprised, my man was here and gone before I woke up. He knew better than to do that bullshit but here he is, not here. Slipping on my slippers, I walk out of our bedroom through our high-rise loft and to the kitchen, switching on the coffee pot.
A large bouquet of pink roses, big enough to take up at least a quarter of the marble kitchen island. Which I walk past, not paying it any mind. Manjiro knows damn well my love can not be bought.

"Mrs. Sano... Mrs. Ryuguji is in the elevator heading up."

One of the security members came into the kitchen, and I would have gone off on him if it wasn't something important.
And of course, my closest friend Sage was important. Plus, I could use the distraction. Manjiro has been acting strange, stranger than normal 
Anyway, more distant.

He swears everything is okay, just the price you pay when you're the ceo of the top selling liquor company in all of Japan. My mood changes seeing the beautiful friend of mine walking into the kitchen. That pregnancy glow working for her well.

She's dressed as if she's going to a wedding, wearing a red business style jumpsuit with a deep v line. Heels, the girls wearing heels at thirty-five weeks pregnant. meanwhile, I'm in my nightgown and bonnet just getting out of bed. I made my way over, hugging her tight. Pulling away just to place both hands on her round belly.

"Kami, how dare your mother stay away for so long. She clearly doesn't love me and wants to neglect me of my niece."

I spoke in a childlike voice to her stomach, it had only been three days since we had seen each other. Which is probably why she rolled her eyes. Smirking at me before slapping my hands away, going over, and sitting at the kitchen island. The barstool swiveling so she could face me still. Pointing one of her long manicured nails at the flowers still eyeing me. 

"I take it Mikey didn't come home last night either?"

Sage asked as if she already knew the answer. Sighing, I walked back to the coffee pot. Grabbing my favorite cup and filling it to the brim. Chugging half of it before answering her.

"I assume he did at some point. He wouldn't have trusted that to be delivered, so he more than likely stopped, bought his little attempt of an apology there, took a shower, and left."

Setting my coffee cup down. Grabbing water out of the fridge, pausing when i saw the paper bag with Mr.Jeongs, take out restaurant logo on it, there was strange red dots splatter over it. I decided to ignore the take out just like the flowers. sliding the water around the bouquet to Sage. Still ignoring its existence.

"THAT is a little attempt? There's at least a hundred pink roses here."

She said dramatically, rolling my eyes to brush it off. As I turned, I could see her holding up a note from the corner of my eye. Snapping my attention back to her. Between her middle and index finger, she held up a pink envelope. Leaning over the island, I grabbed it from her.

Opening the envelope and holding it upside down. A note written on pink paper, in Manjiros handwriting, along with a couple hundred thousand yen. Reading the letter over, use this money to buy a dress. I'm taking you somewhere nice tonight. Bluh bluh bluh. I didn't bother with reading most of it. Ripping it in half, stuffing the yen and ripped note back into the envelope. Walking to the stove, clicking the flame alive and setting the envelope on fire.

"So I guess Majiro has fucked up that bad huh?"

Sage asked, I let out another exhausted sigh. Throwing what was left of the envelope into the sink.

"It's not so much as he's fucked up. I just feel like he's been so distant lately and acts like money can buy my happiness. I get he wants to spoil me. Really I do, we all came from so little and now we have so much. But I don't want all this wealth without him. I don't want him to spoil me with money I want him to spoil me with him damn it. I want his time, I want his affection. I want my husband Dann it."