Chapter 10

Fantasy King

"I really screwed up Mia."I told Tamia as we sat in my office eating lunch. Jarvis hasn't been home since I told him what happened between Chris and I.

"I'm sure he'll be back you just have to give it some time."

"But it's been a week. How long does he need?"

"As long as it takes. You did make the mistake and now you have to deal with the consequences."

"Chris kissed me and violated me not the other way around."

"Did you stop him?"

"Yes?"She cocked her eyebrow."It may have taken me a second, but yes."

"Just give it time."I rubbed my forehead trying to change the sibject.

"So how is the dating life with Mr. Hakeem?"

"Amazing, he's taking me out to eat tonight."

"Where to?"

"I don't know he didn't say but with that big ass grin on his face I know it's somewhere special."

"I hear wedding bells."

"Girl bye, we are not there yet."

"Whatever, y'all have been dating for three years, he's going to ask you."I saw her face fall a little. Not something you do when you're about to get engaged."What's wrong?"

"I don't think I'm ready to marry him."

"What, why not?"

"I just feel like the honeymoon stage will be over and then it'll be arguing, babies, bills, I can't deal with all that."

"Calm down, it'll be alright, nothing will change accept your relationship status."

"How was it when Jarvis proposed to you?"

"It was like a fairytale. The night of our graduation he had me going on a scavenger hunt looking for my marriage licence. He planted case files with the clues all around the town. I was trying my hardest to find all of them. It was so adorable.  Instead of having the ring in it he had a wedding licence just to symbolize that I was a lawyer and all that good stuff."

"How cute."

"I miss my baby so much."I began to pout a little, mad because he hadn't come home. A knock on my door brung me out of my thoughts. Getting up, I opened it to have Chris staring at me.

"How can I help you Mr.Smith?"We stood at the door, there was no way that he was coming into my office.

"I came apologize for my behavior the day of the case, I don't know what came over me. How I treated you was disrespectful and degrading, I am truly sorry."

"It's fine thank you for that."He took a deep breath and then smiled.

"Do you mind if we continue to work on my case a little to further prepare myself for the trial?"

"Actually, I'm not working on your case anymore."

"Oh."

"Precautions, to save you from another court case."

"Who is then?"Mia stood up going to shake his hand.

"Mr. Smith, I'm Tamia Washington, I will be handling your case from now on."

"Okay, here's my number just let me know whenever you need me."Footsteps approached us. Looking down the hall, I saw Jarvis. My hubby.

"Hey baby."

"What is he doing here?"

"I'm here to apologize, you won't hear anything else from me. Call me if there's anything you need to know."With that he walked away leaving Jarvis, myself, and Tamia. We looked at her dropping the hint that we needed privacy.

"Right."She finally walked away and we were left alone.

"Baby, I'm so sorry, it was never my intentions to disrespect our marriage."

"It's both of our fault but I'm glad you told me."

"So you're not mad at me anymore?"

"No, I put it behind me."

"Thank you so much baby."He kissed my forehead.

"I'm just glad that you told me."

"Of course, I know you'd do the same thing if some girl tried to push up on you."

"Yeah."He gave this weird look before smiling."I got to get back to work, but I'll see you at home."

"Ok, bye baby, love you."We shared a small kiss before he walked back down the hall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Awww they made up

Sorry it's been a while.

Vote.
Comment.
Follow.
Share.

Also read my new book Free my Spirits and tell me what y'all think.

Ms.Trillbaby