Chapter 5

Sorry it's been a while.I know its short but next chapter will be longer.Hope you enjoy.

Fantasy King

Work had been keeping me busy so much that I didn't have enough time for Jarvis.He kept telling me it was fine, but it wasn't.Yesterday, we made reservations for dinner today.I was excited.I was finally going to have a few hours to spend with my husband.

All day, I was smiling and thinking about it.We were going to have the best date.I'm ready.It was hitting that time for me to start leaving.

"Mrs.King."

"I'm sorry, what'd you say?"

"What if we don't win the case?"

"I'll try to see if we could have some sort of deal.But I don't see why we wouldn't win."

"You never know."My phone rang right after he said that.It was my hubby calling.

"Hey baby."Jarvis told me that he wasn't going to be able to go to dinner."Can't you do that tomorrow, Jarvis we made plans?"

"I can't do that, I'm sorry baby."

"So what am I supposed to do, go by myself?"

"I guess you're going to have to."

"Whatever, it doesn't even matter.I guess I'll see you whenever you get home."

"Bye, love-"I didn't let him finish.If he doesn't care, then why should I?

"Sorry about that, that wad unprofessional of me."

"It's fine."

"Ummm, back to us not winning the case, that won't happen unless, there's some information that I didn't know of."

"Well that's all."

"Ok."He stood up and began to walk out before turning around."Do you want go get dinner together?"

"I'm sorry Mr.Smith, but this is strictly business.I can't have my coworkers thinking its something between us when its not."I will not lose my job over him.

"And what is that?"He licked his lips as he looked at me.

"That we're sleeping together."

"But we're not so why should it matter?"

"That's how rumors start and I won't go to jail just because I had dinner with a client.Why do you even want to have dinner with me?"

"You looked pretty upset that your husband was going to be working late so I thought I might help."

"Thank you but no thank you."

"You sure?"

"Yea."He nodded his head in understanding.

"Alright, well if you change your mind just call me."With tjat he walked out leaving me to my thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thirty minutes passed and I was still in the office.My thoughts went to Chris's offer.It would be nice to go out instead of going home.

No, that would be un professional of me.

But it's not even like we're sleeping together.

What would Jarvis say?

No, this is what he gets for canceling.

That's final I'm calling Chris.I dialed his number.He picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey does that offer still stand?"

(Video pics of Chris)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well how was it.

Vote.

Comment.