chapter 2

Chapter 2

The late afternoon sun cast a warm glow on the car as Akash and Shyam drove back from their meeting. The air was filled with a mix of tension and curiosity as they both couldn't help but discuss their mutual friend, Arnav.

Shyam furrowed his brow, breaking the silence. "You know, Akash, I can't shake this feeling that Arnav is hiding something from us. I've noticed that he's been acting a bit different lately, i think he is in involved with some girl, special one."

Akash glanced over at Shyam, his brow raised in surprise. "What? No way, Shyam! Arnav would never keep something like that from us. We've always been his closest friends, and he shares everything with us."

Shyam sighed, his suspicion evident in his voice. "I get that, Akash, but just hear me out. I've seen him texting quite frequently, and whenever he receives a message, he seems to get this goofy smile on his face. It's not like him at all."

Akash pondered Shyam's words for a moment, his gaze fixed ahead on the road. He knew that Arnav had always been open and honest with them, but he couldn't deny the possibility of his friend developing a secret romantic relationship.

"You might have a point, Shyam," Akash admitted reluctantly. "But before we jump to any conclusions, let's try talking to Arnav about it. We shouldn't let assumptions cloud our judgment."

Shyam nodded in agreement, though his skepticism was still apparent. "Alright, but if he's really hiding something, I hope we can get him to open up. We're his best friends, after all."

The Tennis Club is buzzing with activity as players of all ages and skill levels battle it out on the courts. Arnav and Akash enter, rackets in hand, their faces beaming with anticipation.

Arnav looks around, spotting an available court, and nudges Akash. "There's a court over there, let's grab it!"

Akash nods excitedly and they rush towards the court, setting their bags down at the side and retrieving their tennis balls. The sun shines brightly above them as their energy fills the air.

They warm up, bouncing the balls back and forth over the net. The sound of their rackets hitting the balls is rhythmic and harmonious, a reflection of the bond they've formed.

Arnav smirks, his competitive streak showing. "Alright, Akash, let's see if you can handle my killer serve."

Akash laughs, ready to take on the challenge. "Bring it on, Arnav! I'm not one to back down."

They start the match, their movements graceful and their focus unwavering. Backhands, forehands, and volleys fly across the court as they display their skill and passion for the sport.

But amidst the intense gameplay, their friendship continues to flourish. They cheer each other on, offering words of encouragement and support after every point won or lost.

As the match progresses, their camaraderie shines through. They share laughs, playfully tease one another, and push each other to perform at their best.

Arnav serves a powerful ace, causing Akash to stumble back momentarily. He regains his balance and smirks, determined not to let Arnav's skill overpower him.

Akash returns the next serve with a perfectly executed lob, catching Arnav off guard. Arnav runs back, stretching his arm to reach it, but the ball lands just beyond his reach.

They pause, both panting and grinning. Akash extends a hand towards Arnav. "Great shot, buddy! You had me on my toes there."

Arnav laughs, shaking his head. "You're quick on your feet, Akash. I can see why you're a formidable opponent."