CHAPTER FIFTEEN

- CHAPTER FIFTEEN -
"I THINK I STILL LOVE YOU."

- NINE YEARS PRIOR -

Beth took a deep breath as she looked down at the paycheck in front of her. It was enough that she could move to America for that WWE tryout and stay there. If things turned sour, she could try to live with Becky and get her family back. Beth could do anything.

So why did she feel so guilty about it?

The hustle and bustle backstage in New Japan was something she had to get used to. Beth had become a staple of the show as she escorted Finn and his Bullet Club every week to the ring and stood ringside. She had even gotten a few matches in.

She had made friends with Kenny, Matt, and Nick. She had become close with many members of the roster, in fact. Everyone she met spoke so highly of an AJ Styles, and she had been watching some of his matches to learn from. Finn always spoke so highly of him.

If Beth stayed, she could stay with Finn, and keep this Bullet Club family. She hadn't felt the love of family in years since her mother had died. Of course, Beth knew she had Becky, but when she was halfway across the world it was hard to remember sometimes.

Beth was content with her life now. But, Becky still wanted that second chance.

"You seem sad for someone who just earned their way to their dream," Finn spoke, shaking Beth of her thoughts. They were in the Bullet Club's private locker room, just the two of them. No one else had known of Finn and Beth's relationship. Even though the two were of age now they knew how it looked from an outside perspective. Finn hadn't groomed her and she didn't want anyone to believe that he did.

At times, she wished things were different. She wanted to be able to kiss Finn in the ring and hold his hand in public. Hell, she wanted to be able to hangout with their friends and not have to lie to them.

It seemed like no relationship she made in this company was real. Maybe, if she stayed, they could figure it out. If they tell their secret, how long would it take before people would get over it?

Beth looked up at her boyfriend. "I just never actually thought I'd make it to this point, I guess," she answered, honestly.

Finn smiled, placing a hand on her cheek. "You earned it, Beth. You should be happy. That tryout is coming up."

It was coming too soon. Beth wasn't ready to leave this life behind. She sighed. "Yeah, I know."

"Then what ever is bothering you, love?" Finn asked, brushing a stray hair behind Beth's ear with eyebrows furrowed. She seemed distant and it began to worry him.