CHAPTER THREE

- CHAPTER THREE -
"BREAKING DOWN YOUR WALLS IS NEVER EASY, BUT WORTH IT."

Finn sat in the passenger's seat of AJ Styles's rental car as he drove to the arena for Monday Night RAW

Finn sat in the passenger's seat of AJ Styles's rental car as he drove to the arena for Monday Night RAW. With Luke and Karl in the back, it had been an eventful ride thus far as they had only a few minutes left.

"Who do you have tonight?" AJ asked Finn as he drove.

"Almas, again," he answered, looking through Instagram.

AJ chuckled, turning his head towards the icy blue eyes of Finn Bálor. Chewing on his lower lip, the southern accent asked, "you going to get hurricanrana'd by Vega again?"

Finn laughed, playfully pushing Styles's arm before looking at his screen as a photo of Beth Lynch popped up. It was a picture of her in the ring, standing over her sister's lifeless body as she smiled. Though he normally would scroll past wrestling posts, he stopped for hers, admiring the smile he had missed for ten long years.

Karl noticed the picture of Beth as he sat up from his seat. "She had a hell of a debut," he said, causing the rest of the car to look towards the picture. Luke agreed as AJ sent a smirk to Finn. The Georgia native still hadn't been sure on what Finn had been hiding on the Irish woman, but gave him a knowing look, anyways, causing Finn to roll his eyes.

"I've seen better," the Irish voice spoke, coldly as his demeanor changed, scrolling down once again as he ignored the pang in his heart.

Karl and Luke shared a confused look, realizing the distaste Finn seemed to have with a woman who was supposed to be a long-time friend. "What's you're problem with her?" Luke asked.

AJ continued to drive, nonchalantly, though he was interested on how Finn would respond. He raised an eyebrow as Finn said, "I never said I had a problem, I just said that 'I've seen better'."

His tone was harsh, too harsh, and the three men that know him better than anything knew well enough to see through his stern expression to know something was wrong. However, knowing not to make Finn upset before a match, the two in the back shared a look before dropping the subject, making a mental note to come back to it later.

Finn sighed as the car fell silent, rubbing his hand against his face as he tried to forget the morning at the gym a week ago with the girl. He had been so hostile towards her, though she deserved none of it. It had been years, he should be over what happened between them—yet he wasn't. She seemed so happy, so willing to just forgive and forget after what happened between them. He couldn't understand how she could get over it when all he wanted to do was cry.

"What about you?" Finn turned to ask AJ, changing the subject. "Who are you wrestling tonight?"

AJ smiled, excited for the evening as he answered, "I'm going for Rollins. They want me to turn heel soon."

"Heel AJ Styles is the best AJ Styles," Finn smacked his hand, dabbing him up.

"Yeah, they're putting us back with AJ again. We'll finally get to see the screen after what, four months? Maybe longer?" Luke spoke, looking towards his tag partner. Karl shrugged, losing track of the days since they had been on WWE television.