CHAPTER FOUR

- CHAPTER FOUR -
"HOW BLIND ONE MUST BE TO LOOK OVER THE BEAUTY THEY POSSESS?"

Finn found himself in another sleepless night at a hotel room the night before Monday Night RAW

Finn found himself in another sleepless night at a hotel room the night before Monday Night RAW. He had media earlier in the day, and decided to just make the travel to the city for the show the next night a day early to save himself a headache and catch up on the desperate lack of sleep he had. However, his plan had seemed to be backfiring as his blue eyes just stared at the ceiling, mind racing faster than ever at the idea of her.

Beth Lynch's image remained stained in his brain long after he had rewatched her video segments since debuting for WWE. She had changed so much since they last worked in the same company together in Japan. He could see her confidence oozing from her every inch, a confidence that she lacked outside of the ring for a very long time.

His hand rubbed his face, as if it could stop his messy thoughts, yet all he could think about was the idea that after all of these years, Beth Lynch was in the WWE, with him, and he still felt the lightening of his mood at the mere sight of her, though he tried to hide it. It amazed him, really, how she still made his heart flutter and smile grow after how awful things had ended between them. Finn Bálor tried to act on a front, to conceal it from everyone, including himself, that his feelings for Lynch were long gone, but it was no use. No matter how many times he insulted Beth to remind her of the breakup, or scoff at her until she went away, he hadn't wanted to do any of it. He still loved her.

The Irishman moved to the bathroom, splashing water on his face to distract him, until he looked in the mirror to see the same, tired eyes he had when he and Beth were together, secretly. It killed him to keep their relationship private, but she had been underage for a part of it, and even after she turned eighteen, the two knew that with a ten-year age gap, their reputations could be ruined if the news got out. Finn Bálor was supposed to be Beth's family friend and mentor; that was it.

He shouldn't have kissed her that day in the ring, when no one else was around. But, once he did, he never wanted to stop.

His hand fell to his key card and rental keys as he exited his hotel room and made his way to the lobby. He figured that going on a car ride may clear his head, with the fresh air from opened windows flowing through his nostrils. Cars had always been exciting to him, like a drug. However, Finn's plans were ruined when his toned body had completely faltered upon the sight of her.

Her ginger hair hung loosely behind her head as a shorter piece snuck it's way into her line of vision. Gracefully, her pale hand had moved it aside and she smiled to the hotel clerk who handed her a key card.

Beth's reaction to seeing Finn was similar to his—shocked and confused. She, too, felt a skip in her heart as her breath hitched, before she slightly smiled. "What are you doing out?" she asked, starting conversation. "It's after midnight."