CHAPTER SEVEN

- CHAPTER SEVEN -
"YOU WALK AWAY WHEN THINGS GET TOUGH."

- TWELVE YEARS PRIOR -

The surroundings were white as the light shone down, making the room appear so bright to the teenage girl. How her mother could sleep in a room full of light, Beth could never understand, for she had struggled to sleep there herself.

Of course, Beth was in the hospital where her mother would receive chemotherapy treatments for the cancer she had. After months, the doctors finally were able to identify the illness consuming Mary Lynch, but it was too late. Though they didn't want to admit it to the sixteen-year-old, Beth already knew her mother was dying.

However, they were only a few weeks from Christmas, and Mary still had a few more months left in her. That was what brought Finn through her door with a gift in his hand.

Beth's brown, tired eyes squinted enough to see The Prince through the lights as she immediately woke up. The young girl smoothed her hair, trying to make herself a bit more presentable, though her face held red marks from the way she laid previously. The girl slept uncomfortably on two chairs beside her mother's bed rather than opting for sleeping anywhere else because her mother was her number one priority.

"Finn," she breathed, caught off guard by his presence. The little skip of her heartbeat increased her nerves as Beth's crush paused in the doorway sending a smile her way.

The icy blue orbs then moved towards the figure on the bed that began to stir. Mary Lynch was awakening from her own slumber and smiled towards her daughter. Beth reached her hand out to her mother and squeezed lightly. "Good morning," she spoke, momentarily forgetting that Finn fucking Bálor was watching the family.

"Good morning, hunny," Mary responded, knowing she had heard Finn's name as her eyes found him hiding in the doorframe. "Finn, how delightful to see you!"

Finn smiled warmly at the mother. "You look amazing as always, Mary," he spoke, noticing the differences in her after only a few weeks. Her face was slimmer, and her skin lacked color, and of course, Mary Lynch no longer had hair.

"Don't start flattering me now," Mary teased, smiling bigger than Beth had seen her for a while.

"Oh, please," Finn chuckled, walking towards the bed with a small gift bag in his hand. He grabbed a chair from the other side of the room and moved it towards the duo, placing the seat next to Beth. He could see through her tired eyes and messy hair that she was struggling, a sight that made his heart hurt. Finn wanted the best for her.

Beth took a shaky breath as Finn sat so close to her, learning to control her emotions even though Finn was everything to her.