CHAPTER FIVE

- CHAPTER FIVE -
"YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE THE PAST, ONLY CHERISH IT."

"So," the interviewer began, reviewing his notes before continuing, "you grew up Ireland alongside your sister, Becky Lynch

"So," the interviewer began, reviewing his notes before continuing, "you grew up Ireland alongside your sister, Becky Lynch. How does it feel to be able to work alongside her in the WWE?"

Beth had been scheduled to go to many media events over the next week because her first WWE match would be televised on Sunday. The suits-and-ties wanted to promote the bout as much as possible leading into the pay-per-view in order to gather even more attention to ensure that this match would bring people into the arena. That brought her to another new city, where she sat across a table from a scrawny man with curly, brown hair. He was the nerdy type, as some may say, though Beth didn't believe in stereotypes.

She had been the smallest girl in her graduating class, yet she could outrun the biggest. Beth Lynch would out-lift and out-work every person that was in her way, no matter what.

Taped interviews were one part of Beth's persona that needed help—she was quiet, and shy, and used to struggle in situations like this. However, with the help of Finn when she was younger, and the WWE giving her a few classes, Beth was now at the peak of her speaking abilities. This allowed her with more time on TV, because the company began to trust her more with a microphone, though she was picky about the way her character would be portrayed in their eyes.

To Beth, the Irish Illusion was mysterious, and quiet. But, the company wanted to make it into something different—something cowardice and weak—just because she was a heel. Beth Lynch hadn't believed in that idea; she created the Irish Illusion to be daring and dangerous, one that would do anything at anytime in order to help herself. That was the quality that made her a heel.

It was different in the ring; cutting promos in the ring allowed her to play the character she had created to entertain an audience. However, these one-on-one situations with interviewers was awful in the ginger's eyes. Beth Lynch hated talking about herself. There were layers and layers to her story that she was not ready to open up about, though Becky had already spoken about her a lot, leaving Beth to pick up the pieces, because Becky had not held back.

"WWE has always been both of our dreams since we were young. It was one of the only things we could ever connect on, honestly," Beth answered. "Usually, we were arguing, or throwing each other onto couches—you know, the usual."

The two laughed as Beth spoke about her childhood, though her words were carefully picked. Speaking on Becky held a soft spot in her heart after their last interaction, and she just hoped that their backstage argument would remain quiet. Beth Lynch was private outside of wrestling, and didn't enjoy her personal life being leaked all over the internet; she knew that if one thing was out, her past with Finn could easily show up as well and her chances with him would really be finished.