Purse Thief

After lunch at Big Belly Burger, Oliver and Amber went over to SCPD for Amber's book and for something that's been sitting on Oliver's to-do list for far too long now.

"You didn't have to come in. It's a police precinct. I can't do any computer stuff in here even if I wanted to." Amber told her father as they both entered the bullpen.

"Actually, there's someone I need to speak with," Oliver said, his eyes scanning over the bullpen.

Amber cocked her head. "Are you in trouble again?"

Oliver rolled his eyes. "No. Just go find your book."

Amber sighed. "Fine." She gave in with a roll of her eyes. Just like her dad.

With Amber heading in the other direction, Oliver focused on McKenna, who stood behind her desk flipping through flies. He walked over to her, knocking on the partial wall divider to gain her attention.

Mckenna glanced up, smiling at Oliver. "I thought you gave up crime fighting." She joked.

"What?" Oliver frowned, panic taking over for a second.

"Well. The business with your sister, I figured... you'd stay out of police precincts." McKenna explained.

Oliver chuckled. "Yeah. Amber left a book at Jess's desk. And I saw you on the news and I realized that I never thanked you for everything that you did, so thank you." He glanced down at McKenna's desk. "So, you got promoted."

"Major Crimes." McKenna nodded.

"Wow!"

"And they assigned me to the Dodger case. He extorts people into stealing for him."

"How's that going?" Oliver asked, trying to appear genuinely interested in her work.

"Slow," McKenna answered before stepping away for a moment.

Seizing this opportunity, Oliver grabbed McKenna's phone and slipped the bug Felicity made into its case. Then he returned the phone to the desk just as McKenna came back.

"It was nice seeing you the last time that I saw you," Oliver said.

McKenna smiled in agreement. "Yeah. It's good seeing you too. It was like old times except the PG version."

"How do you mean?"

"Well, you and I always knew how to have a fun time. Something that's been missing from my life lately."

"So how about a drink? Not now. Would you maybe, out, I-I'll take you for a... Would you like to have dinner with me, McKenna?" Oliver finally forced the question out. "I don't know if you heard, I was on a deserted island for five years and I'm totally out of practice..."

"Hm. Well, dinner would be nice. Uh, in fact, I can make myself free tonight." McKenna suggested.

Oliver thought for a moment, trying to make sure he didn't have any vigilante plans. "Yeah."

"Great."

"So, I'll grab you at eight?"

"That's perfect."

"Okay."

"Alright."

"I'm lingering. I'm gonna go." Oliver turned around, finding Amber waiting for him over by where they came in.

"That was embarrassing," Amber told him.

Oliver sighed. The last thing he needed was date advice from his ten-year-old daughter. "Did you find your book?"

"Yeah." Amber held up a stained book. "Someone spilled coffee on it."

"We can get you a new one." Oliver shrugged.