Everybody Hates Rob

After the end-of-day bell rang, Amber waited on the sidewalk outside with all of the other students who rode with their parents to and from school. She searched the sea of cars for one motorcycle but only found Jessica leaning against her car.

"Where's Oliver?" Amber asked as she walked up to her stepmom.

"Couldn't make it," Jessica said, walking around the car and sliding into the driver's seat. "Something came up and he asked me to come pick you up."

"Oh." Amber climbed into the passenger seat.

"Jeez, don't look too excited." Jessica sassed.

"No, I like being with you. I just really wanted to ride on the motorcycle again." Amber explained.

"Motorcycle?" Jessica raised her eyebrows.

"Yes."

"Please tell me you wore a helmet."

"Duh."

Jessica sighed in relief. "Thank God."

Amber furrowed her eyebrows. "You're not mad?" 

"No." Jessica shook her head. "You had a helmet on, safety precautions were made. I'm just surprised that Oliver ditched Diggle just to take you to school."

"Oh, Diggle quit."

"He quit?"

"Yeah. Now there's this new guy named Rob." Amber informed. "I don't like him."

"Do you know why Dig quit?" Jessica questioned, ignoring Amber's comment for the time being.

"Grandma said he got tired of Oliver ditching him."

Jessica gritted her teeth. "Great."

* * *

Jessica sat across from Diggle in a booth at Big Belly Burger. She leaned forward on her crossed arms, staring her friend down.

"How long are you gonna give me that death glare?" Diggle asked, breaking the aggressive silence.

"As long as it takes."

"This really isn't any of your business, Jess."

"I got you the job," Jessica argued.

"You got me an interview." Diggle corrected. "And I only took the job as a favor to you and your brother."

"He's dead." Jessica deadpanned. "You can't do a favor for a dead person."

"No, but I can do a favor for next of kin."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "You know, the reason I recommended you to Moira was so that you could protect Amber when I can't."

"I was Oliver's bodyguard." Diggle pointed out.

"Oh, come on. You went from Oliver Queen's personal bullet shield to security coordinator for the whole Queen family." Jessica said. "You are just that good and there's no one else I trust to protect Amber. Other than me."

Before Diggle could respond, Carly came up with a basket of fries. "Did you break him yet?" She asked Jessica.

"Nope." Jessica sighed heavily.

"Are you two ganging up on me?" Diggle gestured between the two women.

"Yes. So, when are you gonna tell me?" Carly crossed her arms.

"Hm?"

"About what happened to your arm.?" Carly said.

"It's my shoulder, and it's-- it's fine," Diggle said. Jessica scoffed at him.