Little Fighter

By the time Jessica made it back to the precinct, Oliver was already sitting in an interrogation room and Lance was getting ready to enter.

"Lance!" Jessica shouted, her furious voice booming across the precinct. "Have you lost your damn mind?"

"Nope." Detective Lance answered simply. 

"Really? What sane person would believe that Oliver Queen is The Hood?"

"I have evidence."

"What evidence?"

"Video footage of him, holding the costume."

Jessica scoffed. "That's weak."

"It's a starting point." Lance turned away to go start his interrogation. "You stay away from this case, Clarke. Your too close."

"Says you." Jessica spat.

"Not me. The Captain." Lance corrected.

Jessica gritted her teeth, fuming with rage. "Unbelievable."

* * *

Moira wasted no time storming into the precinct building, wanting-- no, needing-- to protect her son from the charges Detective Lance was determined to make stick. "Jessica." She caught the young detective's attention.

"Moira." Jessica stood up from her desk. "I'm sorry. I tried talking to Lance but I've been ordered to stay away."

"We appreciate you trying," Walter said.

"Where is my son?" Moira questioned

Jessica sighed. "Interrogation." She glanced over her shoulder at the room. "I'll, uh, I'll go let Lance know you're here." She walked over, opening the door without a knock. "Moira and Walter are here."

"Tell 'em to wait," Quentin instructed.

"I want to see my son." Moira strolled in past Jessica with Walter right on her heels.

"I'm in the middle of an interrogation here!" Quentin yelled.

"Detective Lance, I know you hate my family but I had no idea you'd go so far as to arrest my son without any grounds whatsoever!" Moira's voice grew louder as she let her anger out.

Quentin stood up, getting annoyed. "I have solid grounds and I have evidence." He argued.

"Which you can present to Mr. Queen's attorney when he gets here," Walter spoke up. "Until then, this interrogation is over detective."

Quentin looked taken aback. "Sure." He relented. "You have fifteen minutes." He sent one last glare to Oliver before leaving.

"I'll leave you three to talk." Jessica nodded toward Oliver, silently letting him know that she was on his side.

As soon as the door closed, Oliver looked up at his mother and stepfather. "How's Amber?"

Moira sighed. "Oliver, as sweet as that is, what's important is proving your innocence."

"I know." Oliver nodded. "But is she okay?"

Moira and Walter exchanged a look. Diggle ended up telling them about Amber's little act of assault. It was just another part of her that reminded them of Oliver

"Well, she kicked a cop between the legs this morning at the house. Clearly your daughter." Moira gave her son a look. Oliver couldn't help but crack a small smile.

"Other than that, she's just worried about you," Moira informed.

 "Yes. She, like all of us, has noticed the personal vendetta Detective Lance appears to be on." Walter added.