Moon Family

What is it with me and starting now stories if I already have a bunch I need to finish?

But I have fallen into Demon Slayer Hell again and need to at least get out the first chapter to see if anyone would like this idea. .3.

So enjoy!

Her house had always been more of a museum of her family's failures, than a real home

Broken Katanas litter the walls.

Old Demon Slayer Corps uniform laying in closets.

Haori's passed down from parent to child.

Yua had a feeling her ancestor lived in their home.

Watching them, the new generation, with cold eyes, whispering in their ears.

Whispering bring honor to our family.

Wash our name from the sin of our forefathers.

Become a Hashira.

The Moon isn't bad, it's the light in the darkness of the night.

It was chilling.

Yet, she couldn't just leave home.

All Mochizuki's lived in this old big house, so leaving the family was out of the question.

They only had the family.

Friends were hard to have if your whole life only revolved around learning how to kill demons and your Demon Slayer comrades been fearful and mistrusting of you.

The midnight blue-haired girl stood before the door, signing quietly to herself.

Her trusty crow, Kaguya, was nuzzling her cheek, trying to lift her spirits. She gave her a pet and told her to go to rest.

Yua wasn't a little girl anymore, she could face her family.

Stepping into the house, she had to dodge her two young cousins Hikari and Kaito, who played catch with each other.

The two were lucky.

She hadn't had a playmate when she was their age.

For her, it had been only training, training, and training.

It was kind of sad if she thought about it.

"Yua, you are back!", greeted the voice of her aunt and Kaito's mother Chiyoko. Her aunt was still wearing her Demon Slayer uniform, she probably came home also a few minutes ago.

She greeted her aunt back and then asked where her grandfather, Chiyoko's father, was.

Her aunt pointed at the Tea Room, then shrieked at Kaito and Hikari since the two rascals wanted to pick up two Katanas from the walls.

Yua made haste to her grandfather.

Makoto Mochizuki was an old man, who lost his arm in a fight with a lower moon, when he was forty and had to end his Demon Slayer carrier.