A New Wizard King

A/N: Hi guys! I know I know, I shouldn't be starting another series when I have so many I need to complete but I wanted to write something non-angsty and self indulgent (all my other series are at angsty points rn and I've gotten lots of angsty requests lately) so this is what I came up with, also this will be slow to update, but I hope you all enjoy!

Also this was written and finished last night right after the leaks dropped 😭 (if you know you know 👀!)

Hana, Hikari, Einar, and Josslyn do not belong to me they belong to eme-ele and Rising_Generation !

————

It was a bright, sunny, summer day in the Clover Kingdom. The perfect day for a celebration. What kind of celebration do you ask? Why, the coronation of the next Wizard King of course!

After Fuegoleon Vermillion decided to step down and retire so he could spend more time with his family. So the Captain's all decided who the next one should be; many names came up but they all finally agreed on one.

Asta.

He had been waiting for so long, and had been working so hard, that he was the most qualified and most worthy of the title. Of course they debated on whether a mana-less citizen would be 'worthy' of the title, but they all decided that maybe that was a positive instead of a negative.

So after announcing their unanimous decision to the citizens of Clover, and Asta accepted, they began to plan the most extravagant of parties. Everyone who was anyone was welcomed, along with commoners and peasants that Asta had befriended over the years.

Asta walked around the room and greeted everyone shyly. He wasn't used to all of this positive attention and it was almost overwhelming. He said hello to Fanzelle and his family, Mars and Fana, Rebecca and her siblings, Kahono and Kiato, everyone he had met and helped along his journey was there. And he couldn't be more happy.

" Looks like you finally made it Asta, congratulations." Yuno said as he walked up to his friend and placed a hand on his shoulder. Asta jumped a bit and looked at him and grinned.

" Thanks Yuno, but I couldn't have made it here all on my own. If it weren't for you pushing me, and everyone here helping me out, I don't think I would have made it here without you all!" Asta said cheerfully and Yuno chuckled.

" Oh I think you would have made it here either way, you are you after all." Yuno said with a smile and Asta frowned.

" Hey what does that mean?"

" My husband means that you would have gotten here all on your own even without everyone's help. Because you're a strong and determined person." Neva, Yuno's wife, said with a soft smile as she walked up to them and looped her arm through her husbands. Asta shook his head.

" I don't think so, if it hadn't been for all of you I think I would have given up a long time ago." Asta admitted with a laugh before he felt someone shove his shoulder, he turned to look and saw his wife.

" So you were lying when you said never giving up was your power? Or are you just trying to avoid taking Yuno's compliment?" Noelle Silva asked as she crossed her arms, Asta quickly shook his head.

" No, of course not! Never giving up is my power, why would you think I was lying about that?!" Asta shouted loudly, causing everyone to laugh.

" Then I guess you just didn't want to accept my compliment, don't worry it'll never happen again." Yuno said with a teasing tone to his voice, causing Asta to turn towards him.