Get Along, or Else!

A/N: Hiya guys! Chapter 4's already here hehe, I'm thinking (for now) that I'll try and update this series once awake since the muses, and you guys, are really enjoying it! This chapter is very OC centric with the canon characters showing up at the end so I hope that's alright. But there is a...hint at something to come in this series at the end hehe! And it's something totally new 👀. I hope you all enjoy~!

———

Alistar's mind raced as he and his squad members flew towards the village of Aramore. It was a small village surrounded by woods that sat between the Common and Forsaken realms. Usually a small bandit case like this would be given to the closest squad, but since the bandits were former Magic Knights the Wizard King decided to send in his best squads; The Golden Dawn and The Black Bulls.

But the young man's mind was elsewhere. His mind was still back in the Golden Dawn base, more specifically in the Golden Dawn's graveyard, where his father had just dropped a bombshell:

" Consider this your first real mission as the newly appointed Captain of the Golden Dawn."

His first mission...as the newly appointed Captain of the Golden Dawn? Did, that mean his father was retiring? But why? His father was completely fine and was still one of the strongest mages in the Kingdom! So...why?

" V-Vice-Captain! W-We're here!" Ulla Lunettes, eldest daughter of Klaus Lunettes, shouted at him so she could be heard over the wind that whistled past their ears.

Alistar quickly snapped out of his thoughts. He nodded as the group landed just outside the village, the didn't want to accidentally surprise the villagers or be mistaken as the bandits. Alistar placed his broom against the tree before turning around to look at the Golden Dawn members that he decided to bring with him.

Firstly there was Ulla Lunettes. She was very similar to her mother in personality and had even inherited her mothers Letter Magic, she was very shy and had very little self-confidence, but she was a hard worker and very powerful despite what she tried to tell others.

Beside her was her younger sister Celeste. Celeste and her other siblings had just recently joined the Golden Dawn a few months ago so this was her first 'serious' mission. She had Paint magic but her personality was very similar to her father Klaus's. She was serious and could be stern, but she was truly soft hearted and kind. She was a hard worker and powerful like her family, which was why Alistar had decided to bring her along.

The next person to land was Virgil Sandler, Alecdora's eldest child and only son. He was also a rookie and had just joined the Golden Dawn as well. He had Mud Magic and his personality was...very similar to his father, he could be very judgemental and prideful, but he was also very loyal to Alistar and his father William. He was a capable warrior and Alistar felt that he would be very stupid to not include him on this mission.

Finally the last one to land was Lunaria Vermillion, the eldest daughter of Mimosa Vermillion's twin girls. She was also a rookie who had just joined the squad this year. Lunaria was a very sweet and kind person who never had a bad thing to say about anyone, unless she was talking about her twin, then you would hear her sass and say something under her breath. But her twin could throw it right back, it was their love language. She inherited her mother's Flora magic and was mainly a healer and support mage but did have a few attack spells as well.

Alistar nearly laughed as he looked at his small group, everyone was rookies except for him and Ulla.

" Lord Vangeance," Virgil said loudly as he saluted. Alistar nearly sighed, no matter how many times he had instructed Virgil to just call him by his name instead of his title Virgil just didn't seem to listen " Should we go inside the village now and begin questioning witnesses?" Alistar shook his head.