A Tense Captain's Meeting

A/N: Hiya guys! Here's chapter two, and this is just more or less showing the Captain's meeting and how it went while also showing how close Yami and William are, so it's more mellow and emotional then anything 😆. The next chapter will show a glimpse at the Black Bulls and their Next Gen's and families so it'll take a while before you see it, but I hope you guys enjoy~!

———

The Next Day

Asta yawned loudly as he opened his eyes and looked around. He was in his new home inside the Clover Castle, after he was appointed Wizard King he was told that he needed to move into the Castle in case something urgent came up. At first he refused, saying that he prefered to stay at the Black Bulls, but after some convincing from Noelle Asta eventually agreed.

The first few days in their new home was rough to say the least. The Silva family had gotten so used to the noise and chaos of the Black Bulls Hideout that the silence was nearly deafening. But eventually they got used to it, and now their own home was loud and rambunctious as well.

Asta looked over and saw Noelle sound asleep beside him. He smiled lovingly before he rolled over and just stared at her, how did he get so lucky? He had a beautiful wife, three beautiful daughters, and they were all happy and healthy. Everything was perfect.

Suddenly his wife's breathing changed and her eyes opened slowly. She smiled sleepily and stretched slightly.

" Good morning," Asta told her cheerfully, Noelle chuckled and moved closer to him.

" Good morning," She blinked a few times and her hands moved up to wipe the sleep out of her eyes. " What time is it?"

" It's early, I think around 7." Asta muttered as he began to look for a clock, Noelle nodded before she wrapped her arms around him, causing Asta to blush a bit before his arms wrapped around her as well.

" Shouldn't you be getting ready for your First Captain's meeting? Why are you still in bed?" Noelle asked, and Asta nodded.

" I still have time, besides I was just laying here watching you sleep, thinking about how lucky I am." Asta said softly and he frowned when Noelle snorted and began to chuckle again.

" I don't know whether watching me sleep is sweet or creepy." Noelle said with a shake of her head and Asta grinned and moved his hand to rub the back of his head.

" Honestly, I was going for sweet," Asta told her with a laugh before their bedroom door suddenly opened and all three of their girls came rushing in.

They quickly jumped onto their parents bed, with Brielle sitting close to Asta, Mizuki sitting close to Noelle, and Kaiyo sitting in the middle. The girls began to talk excitedly about what they had planned for that day with their parents and Noelle and Asta looked at each other with bright and happy eyes as they listened. They may not have peaceful mornings like they used to, but in a way, these loud and chaotic mornings were much better.

———

Yami sat quietly in his seat, his mind just repeating William's words over and over again.

" I'm thinking about retiring from the Golden Dawn."

It was so sudden and unexpected, sure he assumed William would retire one day, but not right now. Honestly he had expected him to retire after Zera passed, but when he decided to continue being Captain Yami had understood; staying Captain was a way for him to distract himself and keep himself busy.

So...why now? Was it really time for him to retire? Or was there more to it?

" You're awfully quiet Yami, may I ask what you're thinking about over there?" William asked curiously, and Yami cut him a look. He knew exactly what Yami was thinking about.