Tensions and Transformations

A/N: Hiya guys! Sorry this chapter is late again, i've just been busy 😅. This chapter is suuper long (6.4k words 😱), and I wanna thank thoughtfullyrainy and loosesodamarble for helping me with this chapter as I really struggled trying to word things. Also Josele Canty, who is mentioned and shown throughout this chapter, and the Nachsele Next Gens belong to @/loosesodamarble as well! I hope you all enjoy~!

-------

In Lumi

" I'm sorry, ma'am, but the Queen refuses to see you." The guard said for what was probably the 10th time in the last few minutes, but the woman, Josele Canty, just wasn't taking 'no' for an answer.

" Are you sure you spelled my name right? And are you sure that you told her it was 'Joey', her cousin in law and best friend, and not some random guy?" She asked as she held her hands up to her heart and wrung them together in concern. Nacht watched on, not saying a word.

" Yes ma'am, as I've already told you, the Queen doesn't want to see you. So please leave," The guard said with a sigh, but Josele shook her head.

" That just doesn't make any sense, Dia!" Josele shouted loudly over the guard's head, making him wince and Nacht sigh. " Dia come down here and talk, or are you too afraid of what I have to say?" She yelled louder, hoping against the odds that Discordia could hear her and the words would get a rise out of her, as such implications usually did. Nacht sighed before walking up to his wife, grabbing her by her shoulders, and steering her away from the Castle gates.

" See? I told you that she wasn't the same Discordia that you knew years ago," Nacht said as he and Josele walked away. But the brunette shook her head.

" It just doesn't make any sense," Josele said softly. " I can understand her not wanting to see you-no offense..."

" None taken." Nacht replied.

" But not wanting to see me? That isn't like her at all!" She added with a concerned tone to her voice, and her husband nodded in agreement.

" You're right, it isn't like her. But people change, Josie, even people like Discordia." Nacht told her softly, and Josele nodded. It was a sad fact, and one she didn't want to think about, but maybe he was right about Discordia...maybe she had changed.

" You know what else is strange," Nacht began as he began to look around at all the people, and Josele frowned a bit.

" What?"

" This city, and the people in it. Something about it seems...off." He muttered as he stopped walking and just watched the people walking to and fro, and she stopped right beside him.

As Josele was concentrating on the people that walked past her and Nacht, she began to notice just how...cold and emotionless everyone was. It was like they were all dead inside. Their emotions were so weak that she really had to focus in order to sense them. She got trace amounts of fear and anger, but then they would just simply disappear, as though they didn't exist to begin with.

That was very strange.

" Sterling said everything seemed fine, and that there wasn't any danger," Josele told him as she also began looking around. She sensed it too, but had just put it to being in a different country with different people and customs, but for Nacht to say something, maybe her gut had been trying to tell her something.

" I know, and I don't doubt our daughter's Divination capabilities," Nacht said softly as he turned to his wife. " But even her magic is limited. So while she didn't see anything strange or dangerous, it doesn't mean there aren't any, it just means that they were able to hide themselves from her." He added, and she couldn't help but agree.