My Dear Wife

A/N: Hiya guys! So this chapter didn't take as long as the last one since I started it the day after I finished Chapter 10 😆. So this chapter was supposed to finish the "Spade Attacked Arc" of this series, but I decided to extend it to the next chapter since the ending of this chapter felt right to me, and I'm not sure when chapter 12 will be out, but hopefully soon! Please mind the warnings of this chapter, as it is pretty heavy, and I hope you all enjoy~!

Warnings: Warnings: Major Character Death, Violence, Blood, Slight Swearing

————

" Kito, what are you doing here?" Neva asked as she saw her son sitting on the floor, arms wrapped around his knees. Kito's head shot up quickly at the sound of his mothers voice, and his amber eyes watched as she crouched down in front of him.

He quickly wiped his tears away and sniffled, this wasn't the first time his mother had seen him cry, but for some reason he felt...ashamed to be crying like this in front of her. Maybe it was because of his age, or maybe it was because of why he was crying, or maybe...it was both.

" Kito," Neva began, her tone more stern and serious now. " What's wrong?"

Instead of directly answering it, he decided to answer it with a question of his own.

" Why...why does everyone want me to be like dad?" He asked softly, a sniffle escaping him. His mother frowned.

" What do you mean Kito?"

" Why... does everyone complain about me not having dad's dual abilities or just his Star Magic? Why does...everyone want me to surpass Miku and take the throne from her? Why does everyone want me to be something I'm not?!" He exclaimed, his voice growing louder as he spoke and became more upset.

" Did the advisors say something to you-?"

" What if I don't want to be like dad? What if I don't want to surpass Miku? What if I just want to be me!" He shouted as the tears pooled in his eyes again.

" All I want...is to be strong enough to protect everyone...Miku, Kya, dad, and you...that's all I want to do!" He continued to shout, his tears falling faster and faster down his cheeks.

" Kito..."

Neva's heart broke as she watched her son cry, and she immediately cupped his face in her hands and began to wipe his tears with the pads of her thumbs.

" Why...why can't I just be like dad and want to be more than just this?!"

Neva sighed before she pulled Kito into her arms and held him close. He cried into her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her neck as she rubbed his back soothingly. She knew he hated being compared to Yuno. He hated it when people pointed out how similar they looked, but then at the same time pointed out how opposite their magics and personalities were. It was like people couldn't make up their minds about him, and so they just labeled him as some kind of disappointment.

But what the advisors didn't know, and what Kito didn't know, was that his personality was actually very similar to Yuno's. At least, when Yuno was younger.

He was soft spoken, shy, tender hearted, but above all he was warm. That wasn't to say Yuno was cold, but...he was selective about who he shared his warmth with, while Kito was the opposite. Kito shared his warmth with everyone even though he was quiet and shy.

They weren't identical, but they were similar at times.

" Kito, look at me," Neva urged as she pulled her son's face up again to look at her. " Your father and I don't want you to be like him, especially me, because Miku already acts like your father. So if I had three of you with the same personality I think I would pull my hair out." She lightly joked with a small smile, trying to make her son laugh a bit.