Chapter Eight

"Wake up."

I grumbled opening one eye, "Do you know what damn time it is?"

"Yes, six."  

"In the morning, leave me alone."

"But dad's going on his trip today."

"At noon, why are we waking up this early, he's probably still sleeping," I shoved Stephen who was half on top of me trying to get the blanket off. Not to mention the throbbing headaches everyone would have, even though the car had issues I was still the first home last night, and yet Stephen was already wide awake.

I bet mum would have a killer hangover and she would still be allowed to sleep till ten minutes before the car comes.

"But we're making breakfast."

"Make it yourself."

I could already hear the clatter downstairs, was it Adrian or Austin, or both, which meant it was going to be chaos this morning. Why did everyone buy houses if they were just going to live here?

Not that I minded, well, I minded the noises. Stephen got off saying "Your loss," and stormed out, slamming the door like the child he was and I rolled over trying to get back to sleep.

But it was broken. Curse Stephen, I was actually having a good nights sleep for once.

I rolled around for a few more minutes trying to fall asleep but realising that wasn't going to happen I sighed getting up. Five hours of sleep, great. I got up going into the attached bathroom to get ready, I had to brush my teeth and have a shower or else I didn't feel quiet awake.

After getting ready I tied my hair into a bun walking downstairs where I could hear and smell the chaos.

"Ah sleeping ogre joins us." Austin said mouthful of whatever he was eating. I sighed shaking my head not even bothering to reply to him as I walked to the coffee machine, I needed my daily dose of drugs. I saw the light in the oven, "What are you guys making?" this early. As if they weren't tired, or maybe they didn't even sleep, judging by the clothes from last nights.

"We're making bacon."

"In the oven?"

"How else do you make it?" Austin asked and I raised an eyebrow as I grabbed a mug waiting for my coffee to get ready, "You fry it on the stove?" I guess you could also make it in the oven but, stove was so much easier, and crispier.

"Oh," they both looked at each other and I shook my head placing half a teaspoon of sugar into my coffee and stirring, ah the wonderful smell of coffee.

"Yuck, how do you drink that foul stuff."

I looked up at Stephen as I grabbed a chair to sit on, "You do too."

"Only when I'm working late, not every morning and night." he said as he passed me a plate of french toast.

I shrugged, "It's not that bad." Coffee was heaven, just the smell made me half joyous. I took a sip sighing into my own world as I leaned back in my chair watching them.

I listened as the boys started talking about something, chipping in every now and then but keeping to my phone texting my friends. Distance and time really showed who your friends were, those who still tried to keep in touch. That was till my phone buzzed from a new number.

I frowned taking a sip of my coffee as I opened it, who was this?

Oh right, Preston.

Who else would call me "Tree killer,"