Chapter ten: The unofficial date

"I can't believe I had to pay thirty bucks to get in," I frowned as I waited for Tristan and Carly handed over their tickets and came in after me, "I swear inflation is just inflating."

Tristan rolled his eyes and Carly nodded brushing her blonde hair out of her face, "I so agree Saph."

"Just enjoy the zoo you've been complaining since you got here that you wanted to come here."

"I know but I feel shit paying thirty bucks to see a bunch of animals locked up," I Stopped walking, "Oh my god I just paid to watch animal cruelty."

I jumped when I felt strong arms on my shoulder shoving me forward, "Just enjoy it and stop whining."

I shrugged his hands off and nodded, "Fine, so meet back here at what, three?" That gave us around three hours to look at the zoo, and we were probably going to finish earlier. 

Carly nodded and then stopped, "Wait, where are you going?" 

"I'll go my way and you guys go your way, I already feel bad enough inviting myself."

"Oh no don't go!" Carly said but there was something very light hearted about it, while she was a good friend, in a way, this was still a date day I was gatecrashing.

"Yeah, don't go." Tristan narrowed his eyes at me, with a look like "WTF" on his face. 

"It's fine my friend said he'll come anyway, see you here at three!" I waved slipping my backpack back on and rushing off before they could stop me. Beside this way I can watch what I want for however long I want without people saying they wanted to go to other exhibits or whatever. 

I opened the zoo map looking at it, where should I go first? I smiled seeing my favourite animals, definitely the monkeys.

* * * 

It wasn't till my thirst exhibit till I felt my phone vibrate and I pulled it out as I saw the Elephants and looked down, Preston.

Where are you?

Texting him where I was i put my phone back into my pocket ticking off the elephant exhibition. That was three down and only twenty odd something left. Even though I was walking around myself it was a calming feeling being surrounded by the animals.

I wrinkled my nose seeing a bunch of teenager just taking a picture of everything, why don't they just enjoy the moment, anyone can take a picture of a zoo or an animal or what they did. But only a very few can embrace it.

"Boo."

I jumped turning around, "Oh, hey."

Preston smiled flicking my hood onto my head, "Hey little red riding hood."

"Ha. Funny." I said rolling my eyes as I pulled the hood of my head, I didn't even realise my outfit till he pointed it out, black jeans and a bright red jumper, I definitely looked the part, not to mention my white back pack could did contain food, but not for grandma.

"Oh look at that." I looked over where he was pointing at the baby elephant, "That's just cute." I nodded and looked at him as he pulled out his phone and I frowned, oh, was he taking a picture too.

"One for the snapchat." He winked and I laughed shaking my head, he leaned over after he was done looking down at my map, "Where to next?"

"How about the lions?"

"Sounds good Dora, lead the way." I raised an eyebrow as I started walking, "Aren't you just full of nicknames?"

He grabbed the map from me having a look, "Don't you give people nicknames." I shook my head, not really, they had a name to be called didn't they. So what was the point of having a nick name, it wasn't very practical if they already had a name to begin with.