Chapter Five

I don't know where to start but I am truly terribly story that I have neglected this story, uni just got a bit too much for me to handle and I hadn't touched this story in so long I didn't know where to begin with it. So here is a short (but exams in 12 days so after it i'll be back) update, and after exams I'mg going to go back and fix the start of the book.

Also because I AM taking so damn long, I will write Related by Law (adrian and rose) together, so at least they'll both be here and finish around the same time cause I take bloody forever.

I sat at the computer desk at dad's office my fingers tapping on the desk bored. What was I meant to do? Where were the folders I was meant to be working on?

"Having fun?" 

I looked up to see Jesse, dad's personal assistant staring at me and I grabbed the folders from him eagerly, finally something to do. Jesse let out a laugh leaning over and ruffling my hair which I did not appreciate. But I was too keen to get work started.

"Just remember to eat lunch, you have a lunch break," I waved a hand.

"Go away, can't you see I'm working?" I asked him playfully as my legs kicked my heels off from under the table getting comfortable in my own desk area. I loved the white collar job,  having a computer, calculator and a stash of lollies in my drawer would happily keep me here.

"Just your father's daughter," Jesse shook his head as he walked away. Well duh, what else was he expecting.

I opened the folder that held the accounts payables for this month and got started away. If someone told me I would be happy with a 9-5 desk job when I was a kid. I would have laughed at him, only because back then I wanted to be a zoo keeper. 

* * * 

I closed the last folder suddenly sad that I ran out of folders to do and looked up seeing Tristan, who had made himself way to comfortable sipping on his coffee really loudly for the last hour.

"What?" I asked irritated. He had just been sitting there, staring, and it was really weird.

"Workaholic,"

"Sipaholic," I said irritated. I slipped my shoes on looking at the time, damn was it three already. And suddenly the hunger hit me realising I had missed lunch again. But I was really into the files I was doing and I hate leaving something half way.

Only because I would forget what I was going when I came back. 

"Hey, you coming on the Paris trip?"

"Trip to where?" I asked packing up my things. I might as well go home and eat something there. I shuddered, I hope mum was staying out of the kitchen. Or maybe I could grab something on the way home.

Oh the dilemma. 

"Didn't Da-your dad tell you?"

I shook my head, there was a business trip? That would be fun, I could learn so many new things on that. I made a note in my phone to talk to dad about that. 

"Let's go,  I'm hungry," I said standing up and pulling down my top, I was starving.

"That's what you get when you skip lunch,"

Well nah shit, I raised an eyebrow at him and ignored him shaking my head as I walked towards the elevator. "When is the business trip?"

"Two days,"

That soon? Maybe I should stay home, after all mum was still complaining that I just got back. But then this would be a great opportunity. I bite my lip as I started walking when Tristan grabbed the back of my jacket giving me a tug.