Chapter Twelve

NGL I forget about my stories, so if you have me on my author Facebook (Not the page, the person profile the one where you add me as a friend just to clarify) just post on my wall that you need an update, or else I'll never get there. Sorry.  Link in comments. 

* * * 

"If I don't find a job soon, I'm really going to get bored."

Tristan looked up as I munched on my pizza, "Why what happened with the interview."

"I blew it." Mum had gone to sleep two hours ago when Tristan and I started a movie marathon and we decided to munch on left over pizza as we started another movie. I sigh throwing my half eaten slice onto the plate, I wasn't even hungry. I was just eating it cause it was in front of me. Why did we make so much pizza?

I was going to get fat, I already felt a good baby. I should name it Joe. Food baby Joe. 

"I'm sure you didn't."

"No. I really did." I cringed remembering the interviewers face. He didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth, and neither would I.

"Just work for your dad, there's nothing wrong with getting some help. I know you think it's cheating, it sort of is but the thing if you have the ability to get into his company if you aced the interview. Just pretend you did because we all know you suck at talking."

"Hey!" I looked at Tristan, who was paying more attention to his phone rather than the movie anyway, "I do not."

He looked up raising an eyebrow at me, "Really because I remember in eight grade when you called your dad to come pick you up and you were crying because you swore in your debating competition and run out the door after throwing up on the judge."

My mouth opened, "h-how do you know that?"

"My dad told me."

Not surprised there, Jesse knew the ins and outs of my family sometimes better than his own, "So what's the real reason you're crashing at mine Tristan."

He wasn't here to keep me company what a load of bull, I could see right through that.

"Carly kicked me out."

"Of course she did, what did you do now?" His eyebrows knotted as he spent a long minute staring at his phone and then looked at me, "Nothing."

"Really now?" I asked nearly reaching for the pizza, no bad girl. You don't need to eat it Sapphire.

"None of your business."

"Ooh, I think I touched a nerve." I muttered rolling my eyes as I grabbed my phone. Tristan muttered something as he turned the volume up on the movie and I shook my head. I wonder what he did, damn, why was I so curious?

* * * 

I have a headache, I could feel that even before I opened my eyes. It was like a slight pounding, but I couldn't remember drinking to get a hangover. I opened my eyes, closing them immediately when bright light pierced into my eyes. It was like a optometrist shining a torch in your eyes.

It bloody hurt. 

I opened them again slowed sighing, my neck also hurt. I think I sprained it. My eyes focused on the object in front of me, the tv? Why was the Tv in my room?

But then I realised this wasn't my room, this was the lounge room. No wonder the couch was so hard. I  froze realising my couch wasn't blue, not that I remembered, and the blue was a shirt.

I sat up immediately looking at a sleeping Tristan, crap. We must have fallen asleep. And sure enough the tv was still on. What a waste of electricity.

I groaned as my shoulder killed as I tried to stand up, how the hell did I just fall asleep. I reached for the remote turning it off and looked at Tristan laying on the sofa spread out, his head resting on the arm of the sofa.

I could already tell he was also going to have a killer sprain in his shoulder when he got up. Should I wake him?

Maybe not, he was probably going to tell me off for waking him up. 

I turned around taking the dirty dishes to the kitchen, cleaning up the mess before I headed up to have a shower and get ready. It was only eight in them morning, so mum would still be sleeping and I was too awake to go back to bed. 

Maybe I'll do some work before I take a nap on my comfortable bed instead. I sort of felt jealous that Stephen got to go with dad on the business trip, i wanted to go as well. I wonder what they were doing, they were due back in a day or so and maybe I will do what Stephen said and continue working for dad.

It wasn't that bad right, getting some help to start off your career. But i felt guilty i wanted to prove myself and with this I felt like I was just getting through by cheating.

I sighed as I switched on the shower, maybe I shouldn't have left my internship there. What no, what the hell was I thinking. There was no way I could stay there after that. I threw my clothes into the basket stepping into the scalding hot shower.

I went back downstairs after I got ready, making myself some coffee and grabbing the newspaper to read up when there was a knock on the door. Who the hell could be coming over this early?

Curious, I walked over carrying my coffee with me, I needed to drink half of this before I opened the door if I wanted to make coherent sentences. To my surprise it was Carly, "Oh, hey." I said stepping aside, "Do you want to come in?"

"No." She said shifting on her feet, "Is Tristan here?"

I nodded, "Yeah, want me to get him for you?"

She nodded. 

I gave her a curious look, why wasn't she going to come in and get him? Shrugging I walked over to the couch looking at his sleeping body, look at him, all comfortable like this was his house. 

"Hey." I called out, he didn't move. I kicked the couch as I took a sip from my coffee but he was still like a laying log.

"Tristan."

Bloody hell how was he still asleep, I bent down placing the warm cup on his cheek, it wasn't hot by all means but it made him jump up swearing and not expecting him to have that reaction I fell back the hot coffee spilling all over my shirt.

I swore as the material clung to me as the uncomfortable lukewarm liquid slipped through my shirt, "Are you serious? I just had a shower." 

I placed the cup, at least it wasn't on the rug.

"What the hell Sapphire!" his angry eyes met mine

I looked up, oh right, Tristan. "What? I tried waking you up." I grabbed the tissues from the coffee table placing them on my neck, gosh this was uncomfortable and sticky. I looked, "Carly is at the door for you." I said as he stared at me.

"Huh what?" He asked looking up to meet my eyes.

"Carly, door, are you even listening." He blinked staring at me before it sunk in and he swore getting up nearly kicking me, "Hey!" I called out as he kicked over my empty cup and rushed out the door.

Can you at least close the door?

I groaned getting up pulling my shirt away from my skin as it stuck to it and walked over slamming the front door shut. Now i needed another shower. 

Fb link in the comments, add me :D