-alejandro-

Gaz sighed. "Where do you start to begin Alejandro.."

"Let's keep it short," Price said. "Alejandro once had us in Mexico, chasing down Hassan."

I almost choked on my macaroni. I had forgotten about the Hassan thing a while ago- But the news reports, articles, and photographs were fresh in my memory. I used to be so interested in that whole ordeal...

"Alright," I said.

"Now he needs something else." Soap finished his food, quicker than I thought he would've. "And my money is on drugs and/or gangs being the cause."

The door creaked open as Alejandro walked in, a laptop in hand. Ghost came up beside me, resting his elbow on the kitchen island I was sat at, his breath becoming a slow sigh each time he exhaled. I suspected he was watching me still, but I didn't look up to check.

Alejandro placed his laptop on the island, displaying a glowing screen for us to peer at. "Here you go," His accent sounded smooth, but his voice was rough. "Six people missing in the same night. All in different areas, but in a close radius to each other." He clicked on the space bar, and it zoomed onto a missing woman, which extended into a note with a collection of intel on a gang.

"Here's what we got on them." Alejandro leaned back, fingers looped in his belt. "Called the Chains, at least that's what we've heard. They've all got this big boy in the center-" He pointed to a picture of a man, with a dirty tank top and dirty jeans, short beard, earrings in his ears, matching the rings and chains he wore. A collection of men stood in the background, guns in hand.

"Called Crow, for whatever fuckin' reason he has. We got him on a phone call, complaining in Spanish. Was upset about how half a dozen people had ripped him off, supposedly. Promised an IOU and never paid him back. We weren't able to receive the other half of the call, but we suspect he sent the orders after the complaints, around 23:20. Missing person reports were all filed by 10:00 in the morning."

"What would you like us to clean up this week, Alejandro?" Price asked, a grin beginning to show through his beard.

"Six people. Six houses." Alejandro smirked back. "Crow doesn't kill right away. He tortures, lets the pain seep in. Let the remorse pool through their pores."

"Six houses," Price murmured, zooming out of the note to view the entire map of the neighborhood the Chains had taken over in Mexico. "Rodolfo a part of this?"

"Along with Farah."

Price pondered for a moment. "We'll have four go solo, four split in half, into duos."

"Soap and Rudy..." Alejandro scanned the room, before his eyes landed on me and Ghost, close enough to hear each other's breath. "Ghost and..?"

"Dice," I smiled, nodding. Alejandro nodded back, another smile creeping in from the corner of his mouth as he continued looking from Ghost to me.

"Soap and Rudy, Ghost and Dice." Price agreed with the pairing. "They'll take the two bigger houses."

We were instructed to come to the parking lot at 07:30. When the six of us had spent quite some time in the hangout room, Price gestured for me to come over to him.

"Sorry 'bout this mission, Dice." He said, sipping his water. "If it were my choice, I'd have given you an easier one to start off with..."

"It's alright, sir. Good training, I suppose." I laughed.

"S'pose so." Price chuckled. "S'pose so..."

After an hour of watching the guys play pool, I said goodnight and began walking up the stairs and down the hall to head to bed. I didn't realize Ghost was walking behind me the entire time, however.

"Agh-!" I spun around after I felt him brush past me to get to his room. "Oh." I realized, my face growing red. "Sorry, Ghost, I didn't..."

"S'alright." He muttered as he watched me opening the door. "Can I..?" He stood by the door as I walked inside, undoing my dog tag.

"Oh-! Sure!" I invited him in, standing to the side. He almost reached the roof, taking up half of my already tiny room.

"So..." I dropped the tag on my dresser. "Did you need... something? Specific?"

Ghost cleared his throat. "Was just wondering... If there was anything you needed to ask about before the mission... Just 'cause you're new and seem to be a bloody plonker."

I laughed sourly, shaking my head. "Think I'm good. Just... Any equipment we'll need?"

"Price and Alejandro are packing for us." Ghost peered around my room, at the belongings I kept on my desk and dressertop. He picked up a notebook I had left on the desk. "We're gonna have to use the heartbeat sensor, along with smoke, tear, and average grenades. What is this?" He asked, flipping through pages of my notebook.

"Stuff," I went to grab it but he pulled it out of my reach. "Can you give it back?" He continued flipping through it. "Please?" I whined.

His eyes snapped back to me, and I, expecting to see a death stare, was surprised to see a soft gaze meeting me. He continued to give me the look for a second, before shoving my book back to my chest and exiting my room. "Don't be a proud bitch on the field, Dice." Was all he said before leaving me.

God, does he like me or not?!

Outlined by Artemis, written and posted by Hades