-christmas at mactavish's [Pt. 1]-

I had no plans for Christmas except to stay at the base, maybe go out and do some shopping, write letters to my friends.

I didn't plan to do much else because I didn't have enough time to fly back and visit my family or friends, so I felt guilty with coming up with ways to waste the time that should've been spent with loved ones.

Soap, however, was appalled when he found this out.

"Lass," He called, trailing behind me in the hallway. "You can't spend Christmas alone, can yah? It's a waste."

I sighed. "Can't get back to my fam in time, so this is the plan for now."

"Awh," Soap groaned. "At least come to my family's place for the weekend! Me and Ghost always go, it's a tradition now."

For the first time, I noticed Ghost standing at the end of the hallway, a backpack slung over his shoulder. He wore a large flannel over a hoodie, along with jeans and black boots. He had taken off his usual skull balaclava and replaced it with a black baseball cap and a smaller, skeleton face mask that just covered his nose and mouth.

I gave in, deciding that Soap and Ghost were better company than the empty halls of the base. "Fine, I'll be ready in five."

I began tossing clothes and hygiene items and makeup and whatever other items into a camo print backpack. I changed into a black corset top and gray sweatpants, before throwing a zip-up hoodie and a winter jacket over it, paired with some silver jewelry I found in my drawer. I tied my Dr. Martens on before running out to the parking lot.

Soap owned a pristine, clean white Jeep. I got in the back and tossed my bag on top of theirs. Soap got in the driver's seat and grinned at me through his mirror.

"Knew I could convince you to come, lass." He said smugly.

"Any particular reason why, Mr. Charismatic?" I asked, smiling a little.

Soap looked at Ghost, still grinning. "Thought our little ghost-boy needed a friend." 

Soap and I began laughing while Ghost looked annoyed, his head resting on his hand. His elbow was propped up by the car door.

"I am not a ghost-boy." Ghost rolled his eyes. "You guys have the humor of sixth graders."

"Sixth graders with guns." I retorted, my eyes on my phone.

"Average middle school nowadays." Soap replied, as he stuck his keys into the car. 

"This is too American, leave this shit for Graves." I muttered. 

"So you've heard about Graves, then?" Soap asked, laughing as he began driving.

"Yeah. Heard about the whole Hassan mission before I even got here. Price was telling me about Graves and Shepherd in the mess hall yesterday, too."

Soap nodded, looking like he was thinking about something.

Ghost spoke up. "Are your sisters going to be there, MacTavish?"

"Aye." Soap said, nodding again.

"Wait, you have sisters?" I asked, looking up.

"Two." Soap sighed, shaking his head. "Nasty little things..."

I laughed. "I take it you were the only boy?"

"And the youngest. A prime target, I s'pose..." He laughed, stopping at a red light.

We drove for a while. Eventually, I dozed off. I don't know how much time passed, but eventually Ghost was nudging me. 

"We're here." He said, looking me up and down.