-christmas at mactavish's [Pt. 2]-

The next day, I woke up and didn't see Ghost in his bed. I pulled a hoodie on and went down the elegant stairs to find him in the kitchen, drinking coffee silently while Mrs. MacTavish chatted with him.

"...Johnny talks about how you and him go to bars often, I honestly thought that you two were..." She stopped talking when she saw me. She smiled softly and held the coffee pot up. "Coffee, dear?"

"No, thank you." I sat at the kitchen island next to Ghost. Mrs. MacTavish nodded, smiling. 

"I'm gonna go wake up Charles..." She set the pot down and disappeared. Me and Ghost were alone now. He swirled the coffee in his mug, sighing. I noticed that he hadn't even taken a sip. He was probably uncomfortable with taking off his mask in front of the MacTavishs. I wonder if there's anyone he's comfortable taking the mask off with. He was definitely comfortable enough here to let them at least see the top of his face, since he wore that same mask with skeleton teeth that just covered his nose and mouth.

"So..." He started, still swirling the coffee. "You ready to go shopping?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I just need to get dressed in a second..."

He looked at me, then down at the necklace I had slept with, then back at me.

"Do you like jewelry?" He asked suddenly.

I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah, when I was little I made a habit of it. It's pretty small, but I like collecting some pieces."

He nodded slowly. "Cool..."

✧༺♥༻✧

We drove in silence for a bit in the Jeep we had borrowed from Soap. It was a short ride, so in only a few moments we had arrived at the area Ghost wanted to shop in. It was a long street with many shops and restaurants to the sides, lining against a sidewalk that had a pretty stone pattern. Kids and tired-looking parents came out from them, and occasionally I'd hear the sound of someone laughing or bargaining.

I noticed a toy store, with some wreaths and garland around the outside. The window of the shop had a display of a few toys in a fluffy mess of fake snow. I grinned before tugging Ghost's sleeve and making him come in with me.

"You're really gonna drag me in here? Is it so you can buy, I dunno... Lincoln Logs or something?" He huffed.

"Maybe." I snickered as I picked up a large rectangular box and peered at it. I read the label out loud. "Teddy Ruxpin, World's First Animated Talking Toy."

Ghost's head perked up. "I used to have one of those." 

"Really? Thing looks kind of demonic."

"Shut up, it was cool."

"If you say so."

Ghost went off to look at something else, while I looked at the bear thoughtfully. Then I tucked the box behind a few Lego sets, to hide it. I'll come back for it.

We left the store with a remote controlled race car to give Isla's son. Apparently she also had a ten-year-old daughter, according to Ghost, so we also picked up a jewelry-making kit.

We stopped for hot cocoa. Well, I did. Ghost strongly denied liking it. "Tastes like sugar and dirt." He spat. 

I rolled my eyes. "Drink it, you idiot. It tastes good."

"Yeah, it does... to little kids."

"Fine, get another flavor then. Like caramel or peppermint."

"Peppermint?" Ghost's eyes got a little bit wider.