-halloween-

We woke up in our tents, cold and moody. I heard Ghost start making food, but I didn't bother to check.

I looked over at my watch. It was 0655, October 31st.

"Ghost," I mumbled, throwing my plate carrier on.

"Yeah?" He said gruffly.

"Its Halloween." I got out of the tent, grinning. "I see you're dressed for the occasion."

"Watch it, Dice." Ghost muttered, handing me a thing of dry cereal.

"Well, hey, a costume like that deserves a treat." I tossed him a thing of Skittles that I had in my pocket. I was planning to save them for a better time, but I guess sharing was an okay way to do that.

He looked at them, almost like he had never seen skittles.

"What, never had candy before? Jesus, don't tell me your parents were the type that didn't let you go Trick-or-Treating as a kid..." I laughed, eating my breakfast.

"No, they let me go Trick-or-Treating." He's still staring at the skittles.

"...okay." I turned back to my food, trying to eat the Cheerios without feeling disgusted. 

Ghost raised an eyebrow. "What, are Cheerios too mundane for your palate?"

"Are you making fun of my taste in food?"

"Seeing as how it is equivalent to a toddler, yes."

"Rude." I replied, munching on Cheerios.

Ghost sighed. "What's with you and Halloween anyways? You seem like the type who would make their entire front lawn an exhibit worth more than your pay."

I sniffed. "What's not to love?"

(Next line tw: mentions of blades)

Ghost scoffed. "Little kids running around, giving away candy for free, being bothered, and psychos putting razor blades in lollipops."

I laughed. "No one actually does that, you know."

"Gives away candy?"

"No, the razor blade thing."

"Shame. Sounded intriguing."

I rolled my eyes. "I thought you would have liked it. It's the one day you could wear a mask and not be bothered."

Ghost looked at me. "Never thought of it like that, I s'pose."

"You should try it sometime." I laughed, getting up to clear some snow away. "You know, Halloween is on the same day as Samhein. It's said that the viel between the dead and living thins."

"Sounds like a load of rubbish."

"So, something you'd tell me and sugarcoat as 'advice'."

"Watch it, sweetheart .

TYSM FOR ALL THE SWEET STUFF YOU GUYS COMMENT! ENJOY ALL HALLOWS EVE, AND MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO GUNS IN YOUR CANDY!
🎃