Dreaming of You

Apo still feels a bit dizzy after what happened. He just noticed that his hand is shaking. It didn't come to his notice earlier due to the hectic situation. The pain of his injured hand kept his mind clouded. He was sitting inside Dal's office. He had insisted on talking to him now instead of giving him time to rest. It had been 5 minutes sitting inside the room and Dal just stared at him. It was uncomfortable to be in this room. He felt suffocated. Avoiding Dal’s eyes is the only option to avoid the awkwardness. He observes the surroundings. The offices are full of books, there's a sword hanging on the wall. Apo knows that Dal was one of the warriors that saved Huahin from the war. He retired and decided to teach instead. Even though he is one of the lightning elementalist, he still loves to fight with a sword. That is what Apo had heard from his villagers. Distracted with his thought, he heard Dal cleared his throat. Apo returned his focus to the older.

"What were the last things Blue said to you?", asked Dal, straight to the point. The way he threw the question is more questionable to Apo. His tone of voice splits between worry and scared but his face remains blank. He looks like he concluded everything that happened but did not have strong proof. It makes Apo's feel more uncomfortable. There is an air of heaviness inside this room again.

Apo thought of the last words that Blue said, it was bizarre. Everything doesn't add up to him, he doesn't understand the message. Irving had killed him after the message was delivered, it must be important. Apo was very much thinking that he will be killed next if the message is that important but he is still alive. Why is Blue dead? Is it because he was an infermum, hence the curse could not work?

"Nothing, He said nothing", answered Apo, he can’t trust this man yet. In fact he chose to not trust any authority with this information yet. He followed his gut, he needed to find out about this first. The void of dark eyes looking at him still haunts him, but if he recalls that eyes actually have something else, it’s lonelier than scary to Apo. Dal watched him for a few more minutes. He looked unconvinced at his answer but didn't comment any further.

"You are dismissed. If you want to say anything, Just meet me here. You are welcome here. Even though you are not an elementalist" said Dal dismissing him. Apo glad he did not call him with derogatory words, instead validate him as non elementalist.

Without answering him, Apo hurriedly left the room. His injured hand throbs as he moves too fast. As soon as he steps out of the room, he can feel smooth fresh air pass through his lungs. The heaviness earlier gone. He took a deep breath to calm his heart.

The injury gave Apo the luxury to have his own free time. He had been told to rest for a few days before continuing his learning. Opening his dorm room he was greeted with his roommates sitting on Jeff’s bed. They looked as if they were mid-talking. They whipped their heads as he opened the door. Job's eyes are red due to all the crying, Apo feels sorry for him as he lost his friend. Looking at Jeff and Bas's face, he realised that all of them were affected. Apo feels bad, he doesn't feel any sadness in that death. He feels nothing. After he lost his family he doesn't really feel happy or sad. It's just numb

Today, even the death makes him feel nothing. It worried him. His body physically tremble in shock but his heart shows no emotions.

He sat on his own bed, he can feel all eyes are on him, but he busied himself by removing his blanket with one hand to step onto his bed, then covering his leg with the blanket. Still feels the lazer eyes directed on him.

“Why did you say that earlier? How do you know it is Irving's fire?" asked Job impatiently. Apo remembers how Job's body became rigid after he mentioned Irving.

"I don't know. It just— happened", slowly answering to Job, the once lively eyes looking at him in hatred.

"You can't just say 'don't know' about something you said. You sound so sure about that!", barked Job. Jeff was holding his shoulder to stop him.