The Dark Veins Curse

The next day he woke up with the sight of maids waiting for him in line. The uneasiness comes back, he groans as he thought that he has to see this sight every morning until he leaves this castle. If he is alive by then. The routine was the same as yesterday, wash-up, dress and style his hair. A kind of thing Apo will never be comfortable with, even for a thousand of years. Walking through the same corridor as yesterday. He knows that it is breakfast time with the young King. Honestly he is sceptical with the way all these people treat him. It was too good to be real. Sitting in the same room as yesterday, eating with the young King as if he is his friend, family or even a companion. He could never be comfortable with the treatment.

"You're thinking too much again," said Kinn. He looked at his face, the intensity was prominent. He is trying to read him.

"Your Highness-"

"You know, I give you my permission to call me by my name. If you forgot, my name is Anakinn, Kinn for short," Kinn corrected him, obviously irritated as Apo never called him by his name. He was feeling uncomfortable with all the care, even calling his name seemed too much

"I don't think I can. I hope you accept my apologies, Your Highness" Apo answered, lowering his head

Kinn's smile dropped a little, "It's okay I understand. Do you need anything? Is anyone or anything bothering you?" he asked Apo. He took a small bite of the meat, with excellent table manners, completely opposite to him.

Apo looks at his half empty juice, and an idea suddenly forms. He thought that he should be more productive today, first he needed to be free from the locked door. He looked at Kinn's questioning blue eyes. There is no storm behind it, only calmness, his aura soothing. It is the best time to try his luck, "Can I use your library? I was bored in my room," he softly asked

Kinn smiled at his request, like he was waiting for the moment that Apo needed him "Well, of course. You can also take the books into your room. I'll let the guard escort you", announced the King, he seems happy at his request, the aura turning to be flowery.

"Thank you, your Highness", Apo was grateful that Kinn allowed him, on top of that he could borrow the books. There must be tons of books he never read inside the library. He feels excited to solve his questions. Kinn genuinely smiled, he sense Apo excitement

"But before that you have to meet Honey. She wants to help you with the- nightmare" Apo frowned at the mention of 'nightmare'. He sounded a bit angry, aura turned sour. He decided to not question any further. Also, meeting Honey is quite nice, he feels lonely in this big castle. She is a good company.

•••

There was a woman with a long black dress sitting on the floor. In front of her, a book with weird language that no one in the room could possibly read. The room is lit with candles. She mumbled a string of incantations, repeated over and over again. Her eyes shut close.

"It's actually him. He's back" said the woman.

"Why can't he remember?" There was a man walking back and forth in front of the woman. He is wearing a royal blue suit and black cloak.

"You're the one that chose to make him forget" she opens her eyes, eyes that resemble the snake, red, glare at the man in front of her. The man's eyes are equally angry with the statement.

"I want him to forget him. Not me" he gritted his teeth. His knuckles whitening, he stopped pacing. Eyes shine with anger and frustration

"Don't you think it's better this way. You and him are now tied together. He doesn't have any choice but to choose you" said the lady and she continued mumbling the foreign words, her eyes glowing.