Code of Disaster

Dal dragged him away from his room. He knows better that nothing can stop him as he watches how powerful the lightning strikes Jeff earlier. Being dragged into the elementalist quarters is a new experience for him. Their place is more luxurious than the rest of building. It's like a different place all over again. Walking around the corridor while his arm in Dal’s hard grips.

"Sir, I don't think I should wait here. If you want to take me away. It's okay. I would not resist, but why can't I stay in my room?"he asked, confused. He is still sceptical with this. Dal did not answer, he opened the golden coloured door. The room that greets them is beautiful and neat. It has one queen size bed in the middle. The furniture is expensive, it is not suitable for a place like the orphanage. It’s like they used all the donations for these decorations. It is funny how they keep this area so rich while the place for orphans looks so cheap.

"Stay here until Gina comes. Don't try to run", Dal ordered him. Apo was taken aback, Dan's face was scary, his eyes lazer into him but his speciality in observing people, noticed the slight fear in his stoic face. He walked out of the room satisfied when Apo decided to sit on the bed. He heard a click, and it signified that this room was locked. Being alone in the room. Apo flexed his injured arm that healed suddenly. It is perfectly normal now. No sign of a broken bone at all. The scar he received during his childhood also vanished. Blue incident earlier now feels like a fever dream for him.

He doesn't know all things about the elementalist, it is normal for infermum to know nothing about it. They are secretive about almost all their protocol, this also due to early days. The elementalist is often hunted by infermum as they were accused  for whatever odds events that occurs. The Elementalist was tortured to death. It was not until they helped win a war  that they finally accepted into society. Then, the kingdom was overthrown by the Elementalist, the late King of Water Elementalist took the charge of ruling. Apo loves to read history, trying to study the flow of the story. The beauty of the fault happened to the world but he can't shake the feeling that there is a missing chapter in history. Especially why there was no detailed event of The Darkest War.

The sound of the door crack opening startled him, "Gina," said Apo, relieved to find someone he knew. Gina walks inside the room with a glass of water and pills. "You should eat only 2 of these pills", she said as she handed the glass of water and put 2 pills on his reluctant stretch hand. Apo observed the red pills on his hand. Debating whether to shallow it or not. Gina is waiting for him with hawk eyes.

“What is code red? Isn’t it shady to give this to me without telling me what it's for?" asked Apo. She looks exhausted and is holding her frustration. It has been a long day for everyone.

“Inferns don’t deserve to know" muttered Gina

Apo felt insulted by the slur, she also an infermum, "I don't have to know? I have to take these pills. I should know what I consume" Apo glared. He was also exhausted by the event that happened in less than 24 hours, and he is really confused. Now he is forced to do something without him knowing, without his consent.

"Don't make it hard, Nattawin. Just swallow it or you want a hard way?" Gina gritted his teeth. She is visibly angry with him now.

"I can't just-"

"Eat the pills! You are not even an elementalist, even by blood you should. Saint hated you so much. Your level is below mine, your kind is worth nothing. Stubborn bastard, stop complaining" yelled Gina. Insulting his background, as an infermum born from an Elementalist family. It breaks his heart.

Apo was shocked by this attitude. Gina never loses her composure. Now she yelled and belittled him for not taking these pills. From her reaction, he became even more sceptical of taking these weird red pills. He put it down on the tray that Gina brought. Refuse to take it. Gina was angry with his actions, her eyes widened with anger. She took the pills and launched at him. Tackle him down on the bed. Both her legs were on his side, it took Apo by surprise. Her hand squeezed his cheeks. Gina's small body frame was easy to push but the attack was too sudden, Apo couldn't react fast. She pushed the pills into his mouth before pouring the water and cups his mouth with her palm. He can't help himself but swallow the pills and cough.