~ONE : Origins~

(The show takes place in modern day France, i chose the year 2020 for the beginning of the show. mostly for easy math)

Paris : June 15th 2035.

--------

Emma P.O.V.

"Emma! It's the last day of school, don't be like your mother and miss the first half!" My father called from downstairs as I surveyed my outfit. Mama made it for me a few years ago. A black dress with a pawprint on the zipper, Mama really loved Chat Noir, the superhero who used to patrol Paris. She says I'm just like him some days.

"Emma Lee Dupain-Cheng! You're going to be late if you are not down here in 5 minutes!" Mama called, clearly frustrated. The other two must be giving her a hard time. I finished my eyeliner, cat eyes, and left my room with my ladybug backpack.

"I'm here Mama! Is it okay if i walk today? I want to meet up with Juliette!" I smiled at here softly, giggling. 

"Hm... I don't think so Little Kitten, Your father really wants to take you today, so head with him and Juliette can spend the night." She said giving me a baked croissant and some blueberries. She gave a sad smile and hugged me tightly. "Now run along, Oh... and Happy 14th birthday, Kitten." 

I waved as I headed out and got in the car with an overly peppy and excited dad, and two younger siblings clearly having a fight. "Happy birthday Emma!! are you ready for today?"

"I hope so... but something about today feels... off. Like if I do something all of Paris could crumble." I shift grabbing out my poem for Ms. Chamack, She was saved as a kid by our beloved heroes, I wonder where they are, I have been thinking about them lately. Auntie Alya gets a scoop on the heroes every once in a while... the last update on the Ladyblog was almost 10 years ago, where they gave a little insight into their private lives.

I put in my headphones as the car began to move to re-watch the video for the millionth time.

"Hey Ladybug fans!! Today Ladybug visited me and decide to give me the little updates in her personal life since Hawkmoth's defeat. She deems it safe to reveal some things, though." The screen cuts to Ladybug sitting on the roof of Mom's old bakery and Alya standing next to her. 

"so, Ladybug, What are the updates on life, the miraculous, holders... romance?" She said wagging her eyebrows, giving me a little giggle every time.

"Well... Some of the holders have decided to retire, returning to their lives as normal, Though Viperion still has his as well as Bunnyx, for protective reasons it is best those two miraculous are always in use." she sighed, "as for life updates and romance? Well Chat and I got married four years ago, we are actually expecting our second child!"

Alya looked dumbfounded, then extremely excited as if Ladybug was her sister. "That is great news!"

Ladybug gave another deep sigh, "Yes, it is. But i promise we will not stop working until we find the Miraculous of the butterfly, until it is safely with me or Chat I wont be able to retire or until we find new holders."

Alya nodded along to everything Ladybug said, barely giving any more invasive questions... until the last one.

"Now, this may be hard, but, we never actually found out about Hawkmoth's identity, are you willing to share it?"

Ladybug looked over the scene and clasped her hands together, "I think it is better to keep that a secret, He did what he did for something in order to have one last moment. One last goodbye, And I've already kept the secret for too long from someone who deserves to hear it the most. I also have an obligation to one of his last wishes that only I can keep."