~EIGHT: Thoughts~

Emma P.O.V.

---

I sighed and smiled for the camera, Charlotte left for a doctors appointment and Dad and I continued the shoot with a few alternative options. Mama really has changed the Agreste Brand. The models are genuine with their smiles and their natural poses, some of them are just happy that Mama accepts pretty much everyone into the industry, though she has gotten a little stricter on appropriate manners due to an unfortunate event back when I was still in elementary.

"What's on your mind Little Kitten?" Dad asks, sipping his coffee as the photographer snaps photos, these will be shown at the next PR event. 

"A lot, really, It's only been a day of summer break and i feel absolutely terrible there is literally so much happening that i have no clue where to put it all or how to handle it." I take a tiny bite of the sandwich.

"I know, it has been a roller coaster for me too. I mean, I got into a fight with your mother over something that we did when we were younger because she wanted to give you the same opportunity... and i'm sorry if I scared you last night, that was my first time being akumatized I was terrified."

I gave a sympathetic look, "... are you sure? It's like your body already knows how to use those powers."

His eyes softened as he cast them downward, "I'm sure."

I looked away and continued to eat, the photographer continuing to snap photos unaware of our conversation. I stand and walk away, ready to just end this session and hide in my room. Maybe run all over Paris looking for some company.

I hide in the dressing room and quickly change into one of mom's older designs that she thought might look good in the collection. A simple red dress with white trimming and white polka-dots lining the bottom.

"Y'know, kid, you're just lik-" The tiny god of destruction floated beside the mirror. A slight concerned look on his face.

"Just like what? My father? My mother? Just like your old holder?" I ask, letting the overwhelming need to cry win. "What am I so much like so I don't feel like my own person, Plagg, tell me!"

The tiny god hugged my cheek, "I was going to say you are much like a friend of mine, you remind me so much of them. Their name is Duusu."

I sit and look at the mirror, my eyeliner running down my face. "i'm sorry Fuzzball, I just don't know how to process anything, is this a dream?"

"No matter what you do to wish this away, it will just be moved, you will have the same emotions and continuity, but without the world behind you."

"Plagg, Claws out!" I whisper, letting the transformation take hold, I quickly climbed out of the sky-light and bounced towards the Eiffel Tower, sitting on a flat rooftop to watch as the Parisians go by. The beautiful city, bustling and crowded as the tourists wander the warm skies and fun history tours.

I smile and wave as some of the tourists take photos of me, excited to see a superhero on duty. 

"Kitty, why are you standing here alone?" M'lady asked leaning into me, looking over the city. 

"I needed space to think, and also I figured we needed to talk, are we still on for the interview with the Ladyblog?" 

She grabbed my tail, playfully, "Well, why not go right now? but you're gonna have to guide me there, I had a hard enough time seeing rooftops."

I laughed, picked her up, and bounced away with my staff, waving at citizens taking photos. We looped around so many streets until I recognized the little fox wind-chime hanging above her balcony. She must have been Rena Rouge back in the day. It's quite clear with her obsession with foxes.